23 - Kara

As soon as I saw Frank I jumped away from Flame breaking our embrace. However, it was too late Frank had already seen enough...

"You're seriously kissing that purple-eyed freak," he scoffed, a glare in his eye.

Flame glared right back at him, I could hear a low growl rumbling from his throat. "Calm down Flame," I whispered in his ear, feeling the tension in his hand which was still locked with mine.

"Just go away Frank," I told him trying to sound strong.

He looked at me and burst out laughing, "What the hell is wrong with your eyes, you look even more stupid than normal. And that's really saying something freak."

That was it for Flame he charged at Frank, breaking my grip on his hand and using that very hand to punch Frank in the stomach. Frank fell to the ground, winded.

"Her eyes are fine you idiot, you're just jealous that you have boring green ones," He snarled at Frank then walked off. Frank was left there gasping for air like a fish out of water.

Flame grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me off somewhere else.

"You know, you have green eyes too," I told him, giggling as we rushed away.

"Yeah well, you don't see me going around picking on people who look different," Flame told me as we walked.

"True and you're eyes are much nicer than his," I whispered, "they stay the same when you're in wolf form."

He stopped walking and I bumped into his back. He then turned to face me, "you shouldn't just say that you don't know who's listening, besides it's the same for every wereanimal, the eyes are the windows to the soul after all," he told me in a hushed voice.

"What does it mean to have purple eyes then?" I asked.

He smiled "I'm no witch but I'd say that you are destined for something great."

I blushed....  and I wondered that maybe that had something to do with what was happening to me, even though Flame denied everything I knew things were changing within me. Did my purple eyes give me that fate...

***

"Today we have a new student," Mrs May announced "Miss Kara Kream."

She gestured to a girl I would have to describe as vanilla ice cream, and no to call her boring but the colours that she not only wore but seemed to become. She had a golden tan, blonde wavy hair, warm honey eyes not to mention the beige she wore. But despite her strange almost monochromatic appearance, her smile was huge, big enough to make anyone at all feel welcome. 

"Hello everyone," you could hear the smile on her voice.

The whole class just stared at her except for Griffin who gave her a wink.

"You may take a seat," Mrs May told her.

She walked over to us smiling, does she ever stop smiling? She sat down in the seat right next to Griffin and moved it closer to him, "So what's your name?"

"Griffin," he replied and smiled back.

"You're cute," She told him returning his wink.

Flame and I both looked at each other thinking, they are perfect for each other.

"You're pretty cute too," he told her.

She stroked his blonde hair, "So pretty...."

"Is stroking a stranger's hair supposed to be a normal thing?" Flame asked me whispering.