26 - Blood

It was getting dark. The sun was setting rapidly, darker purple creeping across the sky. I was walking home alone, there was no one on the street. I hurried still worried about what could be out there. Every little sound scared me. The wind rustling through the bushes, an owl hooting or even the echo of my own footsteps ringing out through the street. I was on edge and the little hairs on the back of my neck were standing up. My skin was covered in goosebumps. Even though I couldn't see what was out there I knew of the horrors Flame fought every day. What could be watching me.

The trees rustled and I jumped. I shouldn't be this scared I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack because of how fast my heart was beating. There was just this feeling of dread that bubbled up from deep inside me that told me to be afraid. I was now shaking I was that scared. I just needed to calm down. Nothing would happen to me.

Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me, they were fast like someone was running. I quickly turned around. A vampire. I could tell from his cold red eyes that pierced through the darkness. They were staring right at me with murderous intent. They seemed to be hungry, looking at me as if I were prey. He was running right towards me. I felt adrenaline start to course through my body. 

Run! 

Get out of here!

I started to run away from him. With my new speed, I would be able to get away from him..... but I could already feel his icy hands around the small of my waist. I shivered at his touch. I screamed as loud as I could and tried to get out of his hands but his icy grip held me firmly. I felt his arctic breath on my neck and it sent, even more, shivers down my spine. Even though I was wearing a huge coat I was freezing being held by this vampire but that was the least of my worries right now. Much like the vampire fear also had its icy fingers around my heart. He was going to bite me and kill me. I struggled even more, desperate to get away but he bit into my neck and I could feel my blood being drained from my veins. I was too scared to even move now. I was frozen with fear. It hurt a lot having him drink my blood but I didn't make a sound. I was going to die right here. A deadly calm fell over me. It was as if something inside of me was just telling me to stay, to be calm to let this all happen and I obeyed. The pain was numbed to me.

Suddenly he fell to the ground clutching his throat. After staring at the vampire for a while I gained the strength to reach up with my stiff arm up and feel the two bite marks on my neck. I could feel that they were already healing. What is going on?

The vampire looked dead on the ground his dead blood-red eyes stared up at me. They no longer had the hungry and deadly look in them. I unfroze. Shaking in fear I just ran. Back home. As fast as I could I sped down the streets. I almost tripped a few times because of how much I was shaking and how weak my knees felt but I kept going.

As I arrived I noticed all of the lights were off. I shakily got my keys out of my purse, fumbling around with the zip.  Lucky everyone in my house was asleep so they wouldn't hear me enter the house. I really didn't feel like talking about this right now. I ran into my room closed my door and jump onto my bed. I hid under the covers pulling them close to me like a little cocoon. And that is how I stayed until morning.

***

I walked into the school gates. This morning I was so scared that I was a vampire. I spent half an hour staring at my eyes in the mirror to see if they had become more red but they were the same. Not that the same was normal at all the right one being purple and left one yellow. The sun didn't hurt me though. It didn't burn me like I thought it would to most vampires. Then again I'm not a vampire expert there could be a type of vampire that likes the sun or can stand the sun. Anyway, I would ask Flame I'm sure he would know. Whether he would tell me would be another story though.