31 - Three Golden Necklaces

My brothers slept for about two days after being bitten. Griffin told me it was because it takes a while for their 'wolf to form'. I couldn't help but to be worried about them. Had I made the right decision? I had Griffin but I felt so lonely without them and also Flame still hadn't returned. I was so worried about him but the Alpha wouldn't let me go out to find him, saying it is too dangerous and I was too valuable. Still, he didn't send anyone out to look for him. I just couldn't understand the lack of concern for Flame, was he not part of the pack? I'd had enough of being worried so tonight I was going to sneak out to look for him. I would do it during the day however I'm never left alone. There is always a werewolf there watching over me. I'm a little creeped out by it honestly. So the night was the only time. Though it was far more dangerous, the vampires came out at night. I was immune to the vampires' bites and I could run, so I liked my chances of finding him before the vampire could catch me.

Even though I'm not really the violent type I agreed to let the pack teach me to fight. I figured it might help me protect my brothers and I didn't want to be useless. Also, I'm bound to get in another fight with the vampires since they are everywhere. However, all this training exhausted me. I was so tired. I just wanted to go to sleep but I had to find Flame. There wasn't much choice in my mind.

I got up and pulled on some black jeans and a black long sleeve shirt. I was grateful for my dark skin and black hair, it would make me harder to spot. Although werewolves would probably just sniff me out instead of using their eyes anyway. Oh well. I was sure I could outrun them anyway.

I grabbed my sword and threaded the belt through the loops in my jeans. Just in case I ran into some vampires. I really didn't want to have to use it but I dreaded what would happen if I didn't bring it. I walked up to the window and opened it. The cold air rushed into my room and I shivered. The cold bit into my body like hundreds of snakes. Maybe I should put a coat on?

All my clothes were still at my house so I had to borrow Summer's. Hers were so brightly coloured, it was so hard to find the black clothing that I was wearing. I looked around. The only coat she had given me was hot pink. It truly was pushing my luck to think that she had a black coat. There was no way I was going to wear that now, it would be super easy to spot me. I grabbed a cobalt blue scarf instead. It would blend into the darkness better. I wrapped it around my neck and started to feel a little warmer. It was ok if I were a little cold it would keep me alert. I looked back out of the window into the darkness of the forest. He was out there somewhere.

I jumped out of the window, expecting to hurt myself as I jumped from the second story but I landed gracefully like a cat and the adrenaline rushed through me. I felt alive and ready for action.

The night was dark the moon hidden away but I could see perfectly fine. Everything had just lost its colour. I ran into the forest as fast as a cheetah determined to find Flame but also to make it harder for the vampires to find me. As I ran everything was a blur and the icy air numbed my skin but running like this made me feel so alive. It must be what it is like for a bird to fly.

I jumped over a small river with a single leap. Wow, I really felt like a cat tonight. Nimble and graceful, I landed perfectly on all fours every time. I was starting to think that my new powers might have something to do with cats. Though It could really be anything though. I didn't know anything about myths. I couldn't even guess Flame was a werewolf. And I trusted Flame himself to tell me if I was right? Right? I couldn't even confirm that for myself despite how much I cared for Flame. I wanted to believe him but a huge part of me also knew that he wasn't telling the whole truth.

I started to smell something in the air that reminded me of Flame but I couldn't quite pinpoint which direction it was coming from. Looking up I could see the sky was cloudy, it made the night look very eerie. The moon was covered by clouds making the night almost black. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the scent of Flame. It was strongest behind me. I had found him. I wanted so badly to be hugged by him. To feel his warmth soak into my cool body.