35. Rising Love

"Mam, your ticket has been cancelled," lady at the airline desk said.

Shanaya: Oh!  She said looking shocked.

              "They were cancelled yesterday," the lady from the airlines told her. "I see," she said and went and sat on one of the chairs inside the airport. What was she thinking? She will go absent without any communication and still have the tickets to fly to Capetown. Of course HR must have cancelled it, and rightly so when she didn't turn up or inform anything even on the day of travel. Corporate always have tie-ups with airlines for last moment cancellations and bookings. May be HR Sarvanan got tickets for someone else to fly with Abhimanyu against her cancellation.

                    'What should she do now? Mail her resignation to HR and go back home to collect her stuff and fly back to Trivandrum. No, she can't do that. Whatever happened between them, she was more responsible for it than him. He felt like not telling about his girl to her, his wish. There was no point, reacting to anything, even to his lie to her. So what, if he lied? He wanted to keep his personal life personal, and he had every right to do that', she thought

                     She remembered how she had told him that his dreams will come true in South Africa and that he will make one of the brightest robot in the galaxy of robots. He had told her then, that it was quite possible when she was there with him. Damn! she can't desert him like that. She wanted him to have his dreams. She wanted him to have his robot his way. No matter how much she wanted to not like him, she just couldn't. He could easily get away with thousand murders with her. And she would still support him. She was a nuts case when it came to him. She thought she would have to work on her madness for him, but now was not the time. It was time to go and be there for him in his life changing event of life.

                  Finally, she turned on her android smartphone. It was fully charged. She provided her mobile number as login id to connect and access a secure and high speed WiFi internet connection, available at international airport. She downloaded Orbitz app for Android to book flight and hotel. She knew her hotel booking also must have been cancelled. She used her yahoo id instead of her gmail id to book flight and hotels and receive e-tickets and booking confirmation. She didn't want to open her gmail account and read messages or mails from Harsh. She used OTP (One time Password) SMS to perform online transactions.

                  The flight she was supposed to take with Abhimanyu, got them in Capetown before midnight( Capetown time) due to difference in time zones. They had return flight from there at 8 pm next day. Her new round trip tickets from Emirates had a flight taking off to Capetown in a few hours from then. It's landing time in Capetown was 4 am, quite a few hours before the meeting which was at 11 am in the conference room of a five star hotel. She wanted return tickets for that evening itself but she got them for the next evening due to non-availability. She booked the cheapest room in three star Ocean Breeze Hotel for two nights and two days. She didn't want to go to Taj Capetown hotel where Abhimanyu had his room.

                     Her flight reached Capetown in time. She took a cab to her hotel and checked in her room. She decided to take a quick power nap, though she had caught some sleep in the economy seat of the flight. When her alarm rang, she woke up, took shower, dressed up in her pretty, well fitted full sleeves white kurta chudidar with standing collar. She had carried it with her to see mom's relatives. It was simple and nice free of any glitter. She put the white chiffon dupatta on her one shoulder, applied some mascara on her eyelashes and wore a nude lipstick. She used the hair dryer in the hotel room to give some volume to her hair and left them open. She took a cab to reach Hilton Cape Town City Centre where the meeting was. The hotel had a huge beautiful lobby in the center with room corridors overlooking it. She was before time. She walked to receptionist and told her that she was there for a meeting with Ratnangi Diamonds. Receptionist told her that she can go and wait in the sitting area next to conference room in the first floor. So she went there and sat on a sofa waiting for Abhimanyu to come.