8. Raining Cats and Dogs

As Abhimanyu had to wait  an hour to catch the next bus to college, he decides to sit on the bench at the back of the shed. He sits his guitar beside him.He rolls  the wet sleeves of his shirt upto elbow. His body feels light and he has this amazing feeling as if he is floating. He felt warm and cozy inside his body though the temperature outside had dipped. As he watched windy rain fall, he saw a blurry image of a girl in white running in his direction.

Shanaya was running as fast as she could but she had to stop to check the vehicles on both sides before she could cross the road. The bus stop shed was right in front of her on the other side of the road and she could faintly see a man sitting in the empty shed. Shanaya gets scared and decides not to let the man see her face. So, after crossing the road, she immediately turns  her back to the shed. She walks backwards until her back hits the barricade of bus stop. She then slowly slides along it. When she has reached the end of barricade , she quickly takes few backward steps  and is now on the side of the  barricade that is inside the shed . She stood near the barricade with her back to the stranger. Abhimanyu was watching her actions keenly and was amused by what he saw.

      Abhi sat back relaxed and his eyes slowly drifted from rain to her.  He saw water dripping from the ends of her cascading black hair and clothes. Fair smooth skin of her body showed from her now invisible white kurta. Her long back ending in a tiny waist looked bare and beautiful with just a strap of nude bra. The more he eyed her back, he wanted to undo that strap and see it without obstacles. He stared at her heart shaped pulpy rear in a nude hipster that gave a good view of her butt cheeks. His eyes were tracing every curve of her body if only his eyes were pencil and there was a canvas in front of her,he could have created his first master-piece. He felt so attracted to her that he had an urge to slide his finger on those curves. He shook his head at what he was thinking. He was meeting this side of him for the first time.  Alcohol  was playing big time with his head and it had him lose his inhibitions. Shanaya could sense his stare on her and it made her very uncomfortable. 

Some men on two-wheeler and four wheeler stared at her assets as they passed by. A few of them offered her lift but she refused.She swept her hair to side to wrung out water and then threw them back to hide her upper back.  Abhi saw her pull out her dupatta and vigourously squeeze the water out of it. Then, she draped it back to cover her chest. She wrung out the lower part of her sleeveless kurta and without looking back she did the same to the part in back. As she did this her silver bangles jingled and  Abhi's eyes followed every movement of her fair smooth arm.

It continued to pour. Because of the heavy rains, the shopkeepers and factories in the area had closed early and everyone was returning home. A few men came to take shelter in the shed and sat next to Abhimanyu. They shamelessly stared at her rear. He hated it, but  what could he say when he himself was doing the exact thing. Nonetheless, he knew in his sanity he would have never done that. Every now and then passersby stared  her. Abhimanyu saw one passerby stop and announce  something loudly. After that, all the men in the shed walked out. Shanaya didn't move from her place.

Shanaya was weighing the pros and cons of going and staying back when she heard the footsteps of  the stranger sitting behind walk toward her. She thought he tipped. Very next moment she felt a tall lean frame standing few steps  away from her. She was dead scared. He placed his hands on the railing and Shanaya's heart started beating faster in fear. She tried to look at his hands from the corner of her eyes. Her eyes saw thin forearms with a small wrist and very long fingers resting on the railing. She thought those were beautiful hands on a man.

Abhi knew that she was scared as her chest moved up and down fast. He turned his head to ask what the passersby told when his eyes witnessed a beautiful profile. She had flawless fair radiant skin, bright eyes, small nose and  bow-shaped luscious lips. After a moment of studying her face, he cleared his throat to ensure he didn't slur.