7. Abhimanyu's Birthday

When Abhi woke up on Friday morning, his roommates hugged him and wished him  Birthday again after wishing at midnight. Abhi hugged them back and thanked them. Last night saw them burning mid night lamp until late for the last pretest.

Ram: Why do they have to celebrate White Day on exam day?

Yash: Just pull out any white shirt and wear man. Let me do my my last-minute revision.

          Abhi didn't want to disturb Yash so he quietly pulled out a crispy white shirt and light grey pants to wear with a skinny grey tie. Abhi was ready in 15 minutes after shower. His hair had grown longer and he thought he needed a hair cut. He decided to go for a center partition and allowed his shampooed shiny thick black hair to flop on both sides of the partition. Soon his room mates were also ready in their white shirts, formal trousers and tie. Ram said that they looked good and should have more formal days. Most of the girls dressed in white kurta chudidaar and some dressed in white button-up shirt and trousers with pumps on their feet.

After 3 hours of exam, they had regular classes and practicals. At the lunch time many came back to hostel to eat caterer's lunch and some went to a college canteen where they had few items on menu card to order from like aaloo poori, dosa, idli, samosa, tea, coffee etc. One could generally see a lot rush in canteen for tea and snacks. Abhi went to hostel  with his classmates  to eat lunch . When he walked in the hall, many seniors and his peers, who had by now come to know of his B'day from the hostel notice board, wished him and complimented his looks. Everyone was in a white shirt and a tie. After putting himself lunch in a plate, he walked to join his roommates at their table . Yash looked at him as he walked towards them.

Yash: You are looking super-sexy. Formals give you that sophisticated look.

Abhi: Hmmmm, today is my B'day, hence the compliment.He smiled.

Ram: Why are they celebrating White day, today?

Yash:  Oh, same question again! Do we need a reason to wear same color to college.Just that seniors felt it would be nice if whole college wore white on last day of pretests.

Abhi: They are still not out of Kindergarten. Huh!He joked as he ate his lunch.

Ram: True, they still like to have green, blue, red etc etc days.He said munching his food. He said making a face.

They all laughed.

Yash :Don't forget about the party today. We all shall meet at college bus stop at 5:45pm sharp to catch 6 pm bus.

Abhi: After college is over at 4 , I have one and a half hour cultural meet.I think I should be able to make it.

Yash: You reach in time or I'll give you a punch.

After lunch Yash left for his class but since Ram and Abhi had time they went to their room to rest for a while. Abhi asked Ram about the test and they both agreed that the questions were difficult. Some time later Abhi got up, wore his backpack  and took his guitar case. Just when he was about to pick his room keys, he heard someone shouting that there was a call for him. Abhi left the keys there and ran down with his bag and guitar. He picked the receiver which was left on the table for him to pick.

Abhi: Hellooo....

Mom: Happy Birthday, beta. Have a long happy healthy life.

Abhi: Mom, I love you and thank you.His eyes filled with tears and it took  a lot to hold them there. How come you called on hostel number.

Mom: Luckily It didn't come engage this time.

Mom: Dad and Ria told me to wish you on their behalf as dad is out on a business trip and Ria is at school.