22. Last Dance

Abhimanyu was lying in his bed thinking how it was sort of a last day at college. They were going home on PL's next day to return only for exams, and then they will be gone from college forever. Ram and Yash had planned to have drinks in his room to celebrate their togetherness. Yash had already kept premium black vodka, whisky and beer bottles in his room to drink after the dance party. Abhimanyu was sure Shanaya as always will not come for the dance party, but he was anyways going to go and have fun with his friends.

               Bela came to Shanaya's room to take her opinion on the dress she was going to wear that night.

Bela: What do you think of this dress for the party tonight?

Shanaya: I think it's nice.

Bela: What are you wearing?

Shanaya: I'm not going.

Bela: C'mon! You can't do this, not when it is the last one. You attended the first one and you have to attend the last one with us. I am not listening to anything.

Shanaya: I don't have anything good to wear to party.

Bela: That excuse will not work. I borrowed this dress from Rosy. She has many party wears, you can borrow one from her.

Shanaya: Okay, I'll come.

                Shanaya knew Abimanyu will be there since girls in hostel always talked how Abhimanyu looked or who Abhimanyu danced with, after every dance party. She had always skipped them because she thought it will hurt to see him with other girls. She thought that going tonight and watching him dance with other girls will only help her move on in life. Moreover, she wanted to see him because she was sure she won't get to see him during exams.

                Shanaya slipped into Rosy's knee length black bandage dress with cap sleeves. It accentuated her curves and tiny waist perfectly.  She wore not so high black block heel  sandals with straps.She thought she looked good. She wanted to get noticed by him so she takes help of Rosy to style her hair. Rosy curls her hair in layers using her hair spray and styling iron. The change in hairstyle transformed her completely. All the girls couldn't believe how hot she looked. They told she should dress up like that more often.

               The party was in in it's usual place, in a hall at the top of boys hostel building. Shanaya reached in time with her friends. The music was blaring in the hall and it took some time adjusting to the dim light inside the hall. It was packed with students dancing energetically to the songs. She walked through the crowd in the room when Shiva asked Bela away. They met boys from Priyanka's class who asked Priyanka and Shanaya for a dance. Shanaya was dancing, but her eyes wandered searching for Abhimanyu. Finally she spotted Abhimanyu dancing with Sunita. He looked really really good in a slightly fitted grey T-shirt and blue jeans. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to call Sunita fat. She wore thick glasses and wasn't really looking. It was kind of funny to see two drastically opposite looking toppers dance together. She saw how they were enjoying it a lot. It brought a smile on her face.

             After dance with Sunita when Abhimanyu was making his way to Ram, his eyes fell on a girl he thought he has never seen before and yet she looked so familiar. He was stunned to discover that it was Shanaya. Her hair, her makeup, her dress everything was so different from usual that he thought she was some newbie. Damn! Did she look hot in that sexy black dress and hair style? His face lit up to see her there. He was staring her when a girl from first year asked him for a dance and he obliged. He danced with her, with his eyes on Shanaya.

            Girls asked him one after another. After a dance with a junior girl, he stood there against a wall watching Shanaya dance with her classmate. His eyes couldn't get enough of how gorgeous she looked. He thought how she was the girl, who lived in his head and heart. How she was the girl, who dominated his nights and thoughts. How she was the only girl on his mind all those four years of college, and also , the only girl he fell in love with. If nothing else, he should at least have one last dance with her. And depending on how it went he would ask her out to a walk, and take her e-mail id to keep in touch with her.