17. Valentine's Day

Everyone returned to college after the semester break. Results came out and Shanaya found out that she had only two marks less than the third topper of her class. She felt very happy and decided to work harder in sixth semester to make it in top three of Third Year Computer Science. She studied sincerely in library where Abhimanyu showed up for few minutes every now and then.

                    Valentine's day was a week away. Aman, the cultural secretary, decided that they should have some fun on that day as they were in college after all. He takes the permission from Principal to observe a Rose Day in college on Feb 14 where students could give rose to their friends or anyone they liked in the college. He also got  permission for a cultural event that evening and a dance party the next night. He wasn't expecting to get permission when he went to talk to principal but was pleasantly surprised when he showed broad mindedness and also agreed to fund a stage with proper sound system for the event.

                  Aman gets a notice regarding the same put in girls and boys hostel. Notice said they were having a fashion show by girls and those interested could give their names to Deepa, Electronics Final Year, who was also going to choreograph it. Girls in hostel were very excited about it. Many names from all the years were received. All the hot girls of first year gave their name. Shanaya's roommate Priyanka also gave her name. Shilpa was to begin the show and the hottest fresher who everyone was going nuts about was chosen the showstopper.

                Aman calls all the cultural club members for a meeting to plan the cultural event on Valentine's evening. Students of all the years were a part of this club.

Aman: This is my last year and last semester in college and I want this cultural event to blow out everybody's mind. It's just an hour program. We start with fashion show by girls. We already have names for  solo kathak, break dance and regional songs performance.  What else can we have to make it a good ? Feel free to give suggestions.

Surya: Can I be the anchor?

Aman: No, I am the anchor.

Abhimanyu: I can sing some English songs if you are short of performances.

Saurabh: I am good at dance and choreography. I have an idea for a group dance which will actually blow every one's mind. The original video has some feminine steps but I am going replace those with different steps and keep it all macho. The number is really good for dance.  I need five boys for that. I'll be one and I can get two more good dancers from first year to be part of it. I need two more.

Surya: Okay, Saurabh. Count me in.  I am a decent dancer. So now you need only one more.

Aman: Very good, Surya. Look Saurabh, all the responsibility of the group dance is yours. It should be really good.

Saurabh: But Aman sir, I really need one hot guy in the center as an eye candy to justify the lyrics. If only Abhimanyu sir agreed, it would be mind blowing.

Aman: Abhimanyu, what do you say?

Saurabh: Abhimanyu sir, please sir, say yes.

Abhimanyu laughed.

Abhimanyu: Huh! You want me as an eye candy in your dance. Have you ever seen me dance? 

Saurabh: Yes sir, I have seen you dance in our fresher's dance party in a boy's group and also with girls. I loved your swag and your moves were in a perfect rhythm with music. My choreography for this song is less about dance steps and more about swag. I bet sir, you have enough of it to pull it.

Abhimanyu: Were you stalking me? He smiled.

Aman: Nothing doing,  Abhimanyu. I am not letting you sing this time. Common! Help this rising talent. Now, don't take his class. I myself know you are good at dance. Just do it.