10. Welcome Freshers

Abhimanyu, Ram and Yash celebrated going to Second Year in their now go to restaurant Blue Light. Many rooms were available after the final year students had passed out of the college. Option to change the room was given to fourth year, third year and then second year students in order, before the arrival of freshers. Abhimanyu, Ram and Yash decide to stick to their old room. The first few weeks of college were comparatively less busy so that students could settle down in their rooms and new year of studies.

            Freshers had started arriving. They were to have one week of ragging after a week into college. Like last year, this year also freshers were instructed to wear oily hair braided into piggy tails, plain kurta salwar with dupatta draped in a vee in front. Senior boys were very excited about the new batch of girls joining the college. It increased their chances of having a girlfriend as the number of girls in college were less than the number of boys.

                 Abhimanyu, Ram and Yash  also decided to have some fun ragging the freshers. They got some juniors  to  wash and iron their clothes everyday that entire week. They also told them to wake them up before they left for the college. That week, the freshers were supposed to collect outside the main building an hour before the college started to report to seniors. 

             It was the morning of Rakshabandhan. Many boy's who had sisters had brought their rakhi with them and some received it by mail. Abhimanyu had got his with him and in the morning he tied it on his wrist. He had plans to call his sister in the evening to wish her happy Rakshabandhan. He had given the Rakshabandhan gift to his sister before coming to college. Yash had no siblings and Ram had a younger brother. Ram and Yash see Abhi wearing a rakhi.

Yash: Oh wow, Abhi ! You got a rakhi from your sister. We must celebrate it. How about you  treat us  with some sweets on Rakshabandhan?

Ram: In the morning, they fry fresh hot jalebis in canteen. They are really good and crispy. He immediately suggests.

Ram: Yes Abhi,  we should celebrate rakhi from your sister.

Abhimanyu: You guys don't want to celebrate or anything, just want to eat jalebis with my money. He says with a smile.

Abhimanyu: Okay done. I'll pay for it but I'm not going to get it.

Ram agrees to get jalebis from canteen for the breakfast. He is back from the canteen after half an hour.

Ram: Hot Jalebis!He announces keeping the packet of jalebis on table. 

It's then that Yash noticed three raakhis on his wrist.

Yash: Who tied you those raakhis? He asks immediately, looking confused.

Ram: Freshers. He says making a sad face.

Yash and Abhi burst out laughing. They were laughing so hard that Yash's tummy ached.

Ram: It's okay, those girls were not good looking. I anyways wouldn't have pursued them.

 Yash and Abhimanyu laugh harder.  

Ram: Seniors outside are ragging freshers  telling them to tie Raakhi . Don't worry, your turn will also come.

Yash: Who knows which girl will when decide to sacrifice you on Rakshabandhan. That is why I say boys should not step out on the day of Rakshabandhan.

Abhimanyu: Good suggestion. Eat these jalebis now. I have a class and I'm going.

Ram still had to get ready so Abhimanyu leaves without him.

Yash: I'm skipping college today. I don't want to become anybody's brother. Abhi is really brave to go to college today.