26. Rendezvous with Maya

When Shanaya asked Abhimanyu if he has someone in his life, his answer was, "Not really".

Flashback: 4 months ago

                     It was marriage anniversary of Abhimanyu's dad and mom. His sister, Ria, who was doing BA in Humanities from University of London was home for the big party in the night. All well known businessmen and friends were invited with their families. In the night, their mansion was a visual sight decorated with flowers and led lights. The outside lawn was lit with beautiful lamps and there was spread of different cuisines. There were four stations of chef preparing food for guests. Guests dressed in high end brands had arrived and were enjoying the live music and food. Young girls chit chatted in groups in lawn and some in the living room of the house with fashionable young boys. Kids ran around in the lawn. The party was in full swing, but Abhimanyu was nowhere.

Mrs. Teja: How is my handsome son, Mrs. Singh? I don't see him.

Mrs. Singh( Abhimanyu's mom): He is good, must be coming. Excuse me. I'll join you soon.

Abhimanyu's mom called on Abhimanyu's cell.

Mom: Where are you?

Abhimanyu: Office. Our banking application is going live. I am busy mom. 

Mom: Abhimanyu. She said sternly.

Mom: It's your parents anniversary party today. That is also important. Guests are asking for you here. She was angry.

Abhimanyu: Oh, no! So sorry, mom! I was so busy today that it completely slipped out of my mind. I am starting immediately. I'll be there soon.

Mom: Thank you. Come soon. She softened.

                         Abhimanyu reached within an hour and his dad took him around to meet all his friends and business men friends who had come from different places in the country and outside the country. His mom also took him around to meet her friends, and they all couldn't stop praising his good looks and the good son that he was. Then, his mom took him by his arm to meet all the beautiful young girls at the party. Many of them he had seen and met before. They all looked hot and sexy in designer short revealing clothes and with full make-up on their faces. He smiled and greeted all of them and answered to what they asked. His mother took him inside the house where his sister Ria was sitting with Maya who looked hot in a red strapless mini dress.

Abhimanyu: Hi, Maya!

Maya: Hi, Abhimanyu! You have vanished from the globe. Earlier I could still find you in some parties and pool parties here and there, but not anymore.

Abhimanyu: Yup, little busy. Actually, a lot busy.

Mom: She finished her jewelry design course in UK and now she is in India with her own boutique stores.

Abhimanyu: Wow! Great! Congratulations!

Maya: Thank you. We are having a pool party next Sunday at Sahil's house. Care to join us?

Abhimanyu: I am afraid, I cannot. I am flying to Los Angeles on Sunday.

Mom: What?

Abhimanyu: Yes, mom.

Abhimanyu: Now, if you ladies will excuse me, I will go and have my dinner.

                    Abhimanyu went to the lawn and stayed there talking to his dad's businessmen friends until party got over. After the party he told his mom, he needed get back to office. Before leaving, he hugged  his sister Ria who had a flight to London early morning.