30. Around the World - II

Airplane landed in Seoul, a little after midnight. They took a cab to their five star hotel near airport. They were served dinner in the flight, so they went to their respective rooms to sleep. Next morning, Shanaya dressed in the same trouser suit set she wore in Singapore and Abhimanyu looked dapper in his blackish blue suit and tie. They drove to Samsung office for a meeting with the company directors.

Shanaya: You didn't join Samsung? Remember, it was the first company to come for our campus placement, and you were the only one who got selected.

He looked at her and smiled.

Abhimanyu: Ya, I didn't join it. Mom was already fed up with my engineering from a Kerala college, and I too had lived a life, I wanted to experience, for four years. So, I decided to do my further studies from top universities abroad just like my mom wanted me to. He smiled.

                 After successful meeting, and lunch with the directors of Samsung, they returned to their hotel. They had flight to Bangkok in night. So, in the time before that, they decided to go to Eurwangni Beach near their hotel. Abhimanyu wore a grey T-shirt with Bermuda shorts and Shanaya chose to wear a black and white striped tee with three fourth jeans. Beach was pretty crowded with men and boys in swim trunks and ladies and girls in bikinis. They found a less crowded spot to sit on sand and watch the waves.

Shanaya: You see these waves come to the shore, only to return back. They remind me of my own life. Everytime it's happy to be on shore it wants to be on, it has to go back to the ocean it belongs to. It keeps coming back and forth to the shore, but never truly gets to stay on shore. It's moments on shore are so momentary. She said looking little sad.

Abhimanyu gave a thought to what she said.

Abhimanyu: Very deep thought, just like deep ocean. Difficult to comprehend. He smiled with a little laugh.

Abhimanyu: Okay, let's see, so you are the wave, but who is the shore?

Shanaya: Forget it! You like watching waves?

Abhimanyu: I don't know, the waves hypnotize me in a way that I feel I must follow them. I feel these waves are calling me to take me with them into the deep ocean.

Shanaya: Really?

Abhimanyu looked at her.

Abhimanyu: Ya. I think I should just go with them wherever they take me, even if they drown me.

Shanaya: I can sit on beach for hours , watching these waves come and go. I feel some sort of deep connection with them.

Abhimanyu: You like beaches so much?

Shanaya: Yes, I think, I am a beach girl. She smiled.

Abhimanyu: A beach girl.... without a beachwear. Sounds good. He said taking a quick glance at her.

Shanaya: You think everyone should come to beach in a beachwear? She said thinking it was a comment on her.

Abhimanyu: See, one dimensional thinking.

Abhimanyu: It can also mean, a beach girl who is usually in her beachwear, is now without any beachwear. 'A beachgirl without a beachwear'.

Abhimanyu: You get that?

Shanaya: Huh! She blew out the air.

Abhimanyu: Analytical people like us should think multidimensional everywhere. Think out of the box.

Shanaya: Your out of box, can it ..just stay in the box?

He laughed.

Shanaya: You don't like beaches?