27. Sexual Harassment

If you are hearing to songs  that come in my story, my advise is listen to lyric video on youtube instead of actual video. You can feel them more as you hear them. I paste the whole lyrics only when the lyrics exactly go with the characters, so don't  skip them. Smiles.

**********************************************************************

                     Day after the dinner with Abhimanyu, Shanaya joined the mechanical guys from IIT, Subru and Vineet, at their table in lunchtime. Manoj, her manager, too joined them soon.

Subru: Hi how are you? Settling down in the office. Finding everything good?

Manoj: Finding everything good? Huh! Our CEO took her on a date on the first day of office itself. What better start can one ask for? He teased her.

She looked at Manoj, quite shocked at what he said.

Subru: She is from same college as him. Don't you know that? He asked Manoj.

Manoj: No! That's a news to me!

Shanaya was getting shock after shock.

Shanaya: He didn't take me on a date, he took me for a dinner because we went to same college.  She clarified.

Shanaya: But how do you know that we went to same college? She asked Subru.

Subru: I had asked Abhimanyu the college he did his BE from, and yesterday you told the same college when you introduced yourself. Are you both same year pass out?

Shanaya: Yes.

Vineet: Oh! So, how was Abhimanyu in college?

Shanaya: I don't know him at all. He wasn't in my class. It was a big college. I don't even remember seeing him.

Subru: How is it possible to miss a handsome guy like him even if it was a big college. Wasn't he topper after all? You must have been blind!

Shanaya: No. He must have been geeky.

Subru: Really? He was a geek in college? I always thought he must have been the heartthrob guy in college who girls couldn't resist.

The last thing Shanaya wanted them to know was that she was one of them. She didn't want anyone to get any hint of her feelings towards him.

Subru: What a transformation, man! From geek to stud!

Manoj: Have seen many like that. Many become smarter and handsome when in job than in college.

Subru: Yes, that's because then they have money to splurge on expensive clothing and groom themselves, but Abhimanyu was always rich.

They finished their lunch and went back to their cubicles.

             Manoj called Shanaya later in the evening when it was time to go home for the KT session in his office. She sat in the chair, same like they had in all the cubicles in their office, office chairs with wheels that swiveled. He pulled her chair close to him and told her that, that was the only time he could do KT(Knowledge Transfer) for her so she might get late to go home  that month. For the whole month, she went to his room on working days for KT. She didn't like how he wasted more time talking about personal life than the project and made her sit with him for two hours. He asked her about family, boyfriend and marriage. She told him about the family and lied about the other two. She was irritated at how he talked more looking at her than looking at computer and it for some reasons made her uncomfortable. He also let  her know how Abhimanyu was very strict and liked things to be done through proper channel only.