Worried (part 3)

~Sakura's POV~

I've been visiting the Uchiha mansion for the past couple days. And the thing I've noticed was
1) the security levels were really high
2) it's quiet, so quiet that it gets a little scary
3) it felt tense. None of the Uchiha's would calm down or even relax after what happened
And 4) it was too serious.

I've been trying to lighten the mood but the Uchiha's would just give me solemn glances and sad smiles. At times I caught them whispering among themselves. Once I heard them say, "Sakura is just like her isn't she?". Of course I had no idea what they were saying, but all I could come up was that I was just like Mikoto-san. I wanted to ask but I didn't at the same time. It's like two parts of me were arguing with each other, my head and my heart. In the end I never asked, just pretending to not hear their comments.

  It was Friday, and today was the last day I could visit them. And it would be two more days until I had to go. I wanted my visit to be...memoriable. And when I say that I mean I might not be able to see them again. I've heard that people say I'm strong, intelligent, and brave. But, I can't block out all my negative thoughts. And even when I do, they just come leaking in again. Some where: "I'm going to die", "It's all my fault", etc. And I feel so scared that I begin to cry. Some nights I wish. I wished that none of this ever happen, I wished that Mikoto-San wouldn't have been kidnapped, I wished that the Uchiha's were back to their old selves, and I wished that Sasuke would be happy again. I wished, and wished. I prayed, and prayed. I did anything I could, even if I had to give up something, weather it be life, my money, anything. Just for Sasuke and his family.

But nothing happened.

The Uchiha's were still brooding.
Everyone was still worried for my safety
And the days were still counting down.
Never stopping.

And now I'm starting to think that it was a stupid idea to wish and pray, but at least I tried. But not hard enough. I sighed and pressed the doorbell to the Uchiha mansion. It took a while for them to answer, but then the door opened, revealing Shisui. "Ah...Sakura! Back for Sasuke?" He asked and gave me one of his bright smiles. I nodded silently, watching his every move. I've learned to watch body movement (since I've been with the Uchiha's so much) and right now I could tell that Shisui's bright smile was fake. "Well I have some business to attend to, oh, and Sasuke's in his room." He said and let me in. I nodded and said "thankyou" quietly. He nodded back and disappeared behind one of the many doors in the mansion. I looked around to see no one. The room was completely deserted. I sighed yet again and went to the long spiral stairs,all the while thinking about one thing.

Sasuke

The past following days I've seen him brooding. His ebony eyes seemed empty, like some part of him was taken out. Dark circles were under his eyes, signs that he hadn't been sleeping enough. One time I asked him about it. He said he didn't need it and was finding a way to rescue his mother, and to make sure I was safe. I found it charming, that he actually cares, but I was worried about his health (I guess that's another reason why people think I'm like Mikoto-san). But he argued, saying another reason: He gets nightmares. I argued back and in the end I won (somehow) but he was really stubborn. He promised that he'd get sleep, but I came, just in case he didn't.

I walked down the long hallways, and bumped into something. Or someone.

It was Itachi.

"Ah, Sakura, you're back" he said and gave me a small smile. I returned the smile and said a small "hello". "You looking for Sasuke?" He asked. I nodded. "Has he been sleeping?" I asked. He frowned. "Actually he—" but he got cut off. "Nii-san" someone growled. I turned around to see Sasuke glaring at his older brother. Itachi looked back with no emotion on his face. Sasuke, finally noticing that I was here, softened his glare and looked at me. But his eyes were still sharp. "Sakura, you're back" he said in a monotone voice. I nodded slowly and looked back at Itachi. He shook his head and said,"Go ask the person yourself". Then he left. I could feel Sasuke's stares on me, making me a bit uncomfortable. "What are you doing here, Sakura...?" He asks, a bit uncertain. "I wanted to check up on you" I replied quietly. He sighed, a little frustrated, "Look Sak" he said. I just love it when he calls me Sak, the way it rolls off his tongue and the way he pronounces it: Ss-ah-k. "I'm fine. I'm healthy, there's no need to come back. Instead you should go back and let us find a way to protect you and a way to rescue my mother" he said. I looked at his eyes, still black and empty with dark circles underneath. I ignored him. "Have you been sleeping?" I asked. "Sak—" "Have you been sleeping?" I cut him off. "Yes an—" but he was cut off yet again but by someone else. "Sasuke-sama, your father is requesting your presence" a butler said and bowed. Sasuke sighed and said a quiet "thankyou, I'll be right there". As soon as the butler left Sasuke looked at me with sharp, empty eyes. "Sak, you can stay in my room. You know where it is. I'll be right back, please don't go anywhere else" he said and turned around to leave. I stayed at my spot for a while before turning around the opposite direction he had went and walked away.

I opened the door to Sasuke's room and the first ting I noticed was his scent. I closed the door and made my way to his big, comfy bed. I looked around: same dark blue walls, same big closet, same desk, curtains, bed sheets, and tv. Nothing had changed the last time I was in here. But I did notice something on his desk.

Are those pills? But.....I don't remember Sasuke having any....?

Curious, I walked up to it. I picked it u and read the labels. What I read made my heart stop:

SLEEPING PILLS

I dropped the container and slowly backed away until I reached the walls. The big bold letters seemed to get even bigger and bigger.

No...no no no....NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNONONONO! Sasuke would never use those! Yes they may be just there...but his eyes, they were?!....then why?!

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I quickly scrambled to get the pills and placed them back on the desk before jumping on the bed and looking at something else that was interesting. The door opens to reveal Sasuke. "Sak" his deep and velvety voice said. "Sak you have to go home" I pretended to look surprised. He didn't buy it. But then again I was a bad actress. "Right, I'll be leaving now. Make sure to sleep well Sasuke" I said before leaving his room. Sasuke looked a little guilty and suspicious but his face was suddenly emotionless. "Make sure to be safe, Sakura" he said as he watched me go.