Star gazzing

—Shikamaru's POV—

  It was a shock when we found out that Tenten and Neji, or Nejiten as Ino would put it in her words, got together by themselves. Ino almost fainted out of happiness.

  I felt happy for those two, I mean the person that they love loved them back. And it's obvious that Sakura likes Sasuke too. But what about Ino? Will I be the only one who doesn't get a girl?

Troublesome....

"Shikamaru" someone said from behind. I turned around to see my math teacher, Asuma-sensei. "It's lunch. Are you up for a game of shoji?" He asked. I muttered out a 'yes'.

  As we played the game I found it hard to concentrate. It was always Ino who was in my mind nowadays. "It seems like your not focused. Care to tell me why?" Asuma-sensei asked. I just let out a frustrated sigh. Asuma-sensei seemed to get the point. "It's her isn't it?" He asked again. I just gave him a sad nod.  "And?" He asked once more. You see, Asuma-sensei and I were really close. He was like my second father. He was there for me and he always knew what my problems were and gave great advice. "It's just that...Naruto and Hinata have gotten together...and Neji and Tenten..and it's quite obvious that Sakura and Sasuke will be the next couple to get together" I said quietly. "And your afraid that you won't be with Ino and will be left alone right?" He asked. "Well...yeah I guess... She is the second person that I ever loved.. Other than my family of course..." I replied. "Oh that Temari girl...she moved away before you could tell her how you felt didn't she?" I just nodded and kept my gaze at the pieces on the board. "Ah...young love...always so complicated." Asuma-sensei chuckled. I just looked at him, bewildered. "You should tell her how you feel. You never know, she might like you back" "But she doesn't!" I said. "For someone who is a genius like you, you're pretty stupid when it comes to your own love life and noticing the little details that she gives you" Asuma-sensei said seriously.

wait...what?

But before I could ask him what he meant by that, the bell rang signalling that lunch was over. I sighed and grabbed my bag. I left the classroom and headed for my next class. I opened my bag to find a piece of paper stuck in my math notebook. Curious, I took it and opened it. It said:

Dear Shikamaru,

  I know your confused about her, but trust me it's better to tell her rather than just keeping it to yourself. I know you're smart (with the IQ over 200), and strong (having to deal with the girl you loved move away and all) so go for it. Don't make the same mistake you did 2 years ago. Do it now before she goes away from your life too.

                                                                                           Sincerely,
                                                                                                            Asuma-sensei

Hmm...maybe I will do it

—TIME SKIP—

School was finally done. And I had just arrived home. I went to my bedroom and laid down on my bed and started to think of any ideas on how to confess to Ino.

Ah...this is so troublesome...

I decided to go to the garden. Ever since I was a child my dad (before he got busy with the company) used to take me out to the garden and go cloud gazing. We used to always laze around and my mother would always yell at us for being so "lazy". I guess that's where I got my lazy habit from. I sat down on the soft grass and put my back against a tree. I looked up and saw the clouds. I saw many different shapes but one caught my attention the most. It was shaped like a flower. I remembered Ino's obsession over them and how she spent hours and hours of talking to me over the phone about her beautiful flowers back at home.