Worried (part 2)

~Tenten's POV~

"Neji!" I yelled. The said person turned around and faced me. His lavender eyes widened and his mouth was slightly open. I fought the urge to laugh.

I (somehow) managed to stop myself from laughing at his face. "I...you....I can't believe you....and I", I stutterer.

I couldn't find the right words to say.

Neji sighed and gazed at the lake that was in front of him. "What is it?" He asked. I stopped and took a deep breath. "Hinata told me what happened. She told me how much you loved me, and how much you care about me" I started to say. Neji sighed again, but this time it sounded like he was frustrated. He looked directly in my eyes. "Get to the point" he said. His voice was gruff and sounded like he was getting annoyed.

I was started to get annoyed too, but I calmed down. If I react, I might make things even worse than it already is. "I'm sorry. You've been suffering more than I have and...and when you told me about the story of Hinata, I regretted it. I'm really sorry, I should've trusted you.." I said. I closed my eyes as I said it. I was expecting a "it's ok", (or if I did something wrong and somehow made it even worse, "no it's not okay") but he was silent. In fact a little TOO silent. I was afraid that he had left me by myself. I slowly opened my left eye and sneaked at peek at him. He was still sitting down on the bench. I looked at his reaction. Nothing.

I shut my eyes again but this time tighter. I wished that I was just dreaming. I pinched myself just to be sure, but all I got was pain.

  I really wish I can go under a rock and die....or fall in a hole...or...

  I kept making scenarios in my head where I die just so I wouldn't have to feel embarrassed. As I was on my 10th scenario, I heard Neji laugh. It was soft and almost faint. I almost couldn't hear it due to the wind. I slowly opened my eyes to see Neji smiling. SMILING.

Am I in heaven...?

I pinched myself again. "Ow..." I hissed and rubbed my arm. "I just can't stand being mad at you.."he said. "And.......I'm sorry...I shouldn't have forced you" he said and looked back at the lake. He looked like he was having a hard time saying "sorry".

I smiled, happy that we were finally back together and our problem solved. "Come here, you look cold" Neji said and spread his arms wide. I ran to his arms and hugged him, and he placed his arm around me. I snuggled in closer. Neji leaned in and kissed me. That just made me even happier.

"Maybe we should continue this in your house. The parents don't seem to like our display of emotions" Neji said in a whisper after we broke apart. I glanced around and saw kids staring at us with wide eyes and open mouths, while some adults muttered, "get a room" under their breaths. I giggled and nodded.

I felt happy. Very happy.

~Ino's POV~

(Btw, this happened the same day Neji and Tenten fought)

"And that concludes our lesson for today kids." Asuma-sensei said. The bell rang right after he said it. Everyone let out a sigh of relief and started to pack up for the end of the day. I was about to grab my bag when I noticed that there were a lot of people blocking the doorway, trying to get out. I sighed and continued a drawing that was due tomorrow for art. The whole entire time in math I've been working on it. I knew I'd regret not paying attention in class, but this project was very important. Probably more important than listening in Asuma-sensei's class.

Nerdsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें