Worried (Part 1)

Neji's POV:

It's was the end of the day and the bell had just rung for the last and final time, signalling the students who had detention that they were now free. I stood by the gates and watched as the rebels pass by me. They looked at me once before turning away and talking to each other. One of the girls kept on glancing back at me. So I looked back at her. When we made eye contact, she scowled and turned back to her group of friends and they were whispering something to each other. But even if they were whispering, I could heared a few words like, "Idiot", "Freak", and "Nerd" .

I let out a frustrated sigh and sat down at a nearby bench. Earlier, Tenten texted me during History to meet at the gates at the end of the day so we could walk together. But here I am, standing around like an idiot, waiting for my girlfriend who hasn't come.

As I sat down on the bench, looking like some depressed emo kid, I started to think of my relationship with Tenten.

Our relationship is strong, we have fought a couple times, but not those big fights where yelling occurs. And we also had to meet secretly. I, personally, don't want to keep our relationship hidden. But Tenten does and I don't want to make her unhappy. Although, Uncle doesn't have anything against Tenten, (Hell, he's the one who shipped us together in the beginning!) she's worried of what her parents would think. At first, when she said she was worried of what her parents would think of me, I was angry and slightly worried that she might have been some imposter. But in the end, she (somehow) managed to make me agree that whenever we were at school, we had to act like we are just....schoolmates.

So I kept my nerd act on, and she continued to be the popular girl that everyone knows and love.

And whenever we pass by each other at the hallways, we don't talk or make eye contact. Although, I do have an urge to run up to her and hug her when we DO pass by each other, but I couldn't. More like I can't. And it's like torture, this thing that I agreed with Tenten.

So she ignores me,

And I ignore her.

She's really good at acting because sometimes I feel like she doesn't even care about me.

Wha—! Bad Neji, No, of course she loves you!

But still.......the fact that Tenten doesn't want the world to know that she's mine and/or in a relationship with me, makes me kinda......sad. I don't know if that's the right word, but it seems to be the only word that explains how I feel.

"Neji!" Someone yelled out, which caused me to snap out of my thoughts.

It was Tenten.

"Im...so...sorry.." she said and sat down beside me. She looked like she had been running. I was about to ask her why she was late, but she already knew, "Gai-sensei asked me to stay a little bit longer to help him with some stuff, but I didn't know it would take THIS long. I'm sorry" she said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I nodded and listened to her speak about what she did today. It felt like I was talking to a goddess. However, I noticed that something was off...

I leaned in closer to her and examined her face. I noticed that she had bags under her eyes. But form afar, you wouldn't be able to see it.

I kept on examining her face and noticed how she's forcing her smile and how her voice sounded a little broken.

"And Kurenai-sensei—"  "What's wrong." I interrupted. "Huh?" She asked. "Whats wrong." I repeated. "Nothing is, Neji" she replied and gave me a fake smile. I narrowed my eyes at her. "What's wrong". "I already told you, Neji. Nothing is" she said. Her voice was getting a little louder. "You're lying" I said and leaned in even closer. My eyes were still narrow, observing her every move. "I'm not!" She yelled. "Why can't you just tell me? I am your boyfriend" I asked. She pushed me away and I fell off the bench and hit the cold cement. I felt pain on my hand but I ignored it.