Aren't you.....?

-Naruto's POV-

After the bell rang, I went to my next class. The day was pretty normal (but someone did get in trouble for not paying attention and the person argued so he went to the office) but other than that, nothing too eventful. When it was finally the end of the day, I went to my locker, grabbed my bag then went to Hinata's locker. Hinata was talking with Sakura about something. I didn't want to interrupt so I just stayed at my spot for a little bit (but I wasn't too close to hear what they were talking about). After a while Hinata noticed me and said goodbye to Sakura. "S-sorry about that Naruto-kun" she said. "It's fine don't worry about it" i replied. I smiled at her reassuring that it was all okay. We talked while walking to Hinata's house. "So where exactly is your house?" I asked. "I-its right in front of you!" She said. I looked up and saw a big house. "W-woah" I said," Y-your not joking right? You actually live here?"
"Of course not Naruto-kun! N-now lets go inside" she said.

We both entered the house— I mean mansion. We were greeted by maids, butlers, and servants. "Wow" I said,"it's....it's beautiful". Hinata smiled at me. "Hinata?" Someone said. We both turned around to see a man in his 40's with long brown hair and the same lavender eyes as Hinata. "D-dad!" Hinata said.

Wiat.....DAD!? Holy cow! This is Hinata's dad!? Shoot...I better be on my best behaviour

"Hello Mr. Hyuga" I said in my most serious voice," it is very nice to meet you". He looked at me then muttered out a 'hello'. "Dad t-this is Naruto Uzumaki" Hinata said. He raised an eyebrow then said," are you two dating?" I felt my face get hot. "N-no sir" I stuttered out. "D-dad! We are just here for a project!" Hinata said. She was also quite red. "Hmm...if you say so" he said. "Naruto I'll just go get us some snacks. I-I'll be back okay?" Hinata said. "Yeah...okay.." I said softly. It was very quiet when Hinata left. I was starting to feel awkward and it doesn't help when Hinata's dad is staring at me.

"Tell me, are you the son of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze?" Hinata's father asked. I was beyond shocked.

H-how did he know?

"I-I'm very impressed sir. Not a lot of people can tell" I said. "Call me Hiashi" he said," I was a friend of your parents. I heard a rumour that they had a son but of course it was jut a rumour so I wasn't so sure. Tell me Naruto, what happened to your parents? It has been quite a while since I last saw them"

"....T-they died..." I said sadly. Then I remembered what happend. On the night of my birthday, they died.

—FLASHBACK—
"Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday~ happy birthday~ happy birthday to you~"

"Make a wish Naruto" Kushina, Naruto's mother, said. "Okay!" Said a happy now-4-years-old Naruto. "What did you wish for Naruto?" Minato, Naruto's dad, asked. "It's a secret!" Naruto said cheerfully. Everyone laughed.

Everyone was there. Tsunade, Jiraiya, Rin, Obito, etc. And everyone was happy. They were all laughing and having fun. But all the laughter died when the door slammed open and a guy came with a gun in his hand. "Aww...how sweet a birthday party! So this little brat is turning 4! Tch, you'll be even more annoying when you grow older" said the mysterious man. Then he pointed the gun at Tsunade. "Well brat, this my birthday present for you" then he pulled the trigger and the bullet was about to go to Tsunade, but it didn't. Jiraiya took the bullet for her. And the bullet hit him in the heart. Tsunade looked at him with horror. The man smiled," pretty brave are you?" "Don't you dare touch them" Jiraiya said. "Like your little words can actually stop me" the man said. And just like that he killed everyone. Everyone lay on the ground dead. Then the man pointed the gun at Kushina. " No please don't kill her!" Minato yelled. But it was too late. He killed Kushina. Minato's eyes widened.  Then the man pointed the gun at him. "Say good bye". Then he too, lay on the ground, dead.

Naruto was on the floor crying for his parents. "I'm letting you live. But that's only because you're just a child. You should consider yourself lucky" the man said. Then he left. Naruto cried and cried. Then Kakashi arrived (he was late as always). When he opened the door his eyes widened. He called the police and called the hospital. Fortunately, Tsunade was still alive, but just barely. Unfortunately, she couldn't remember anything.

"I'm very sorry but...Minato and Kushina didn't make it" the doctor said. Kakashi sat on the chair and he cried. Naruto heard what the doctor said and asked Kakashi," M-mommy and D-daddy made it, r-right?" Kakashi started at Naruto with sad eyes. How was he going to tell the four year old his parents were dead?

—FLASHBACK END—

"Oh I see...they were really great people" Hiashi said. "Yeah..they were" I said. I heard my voice crack. Hiashi looked at me with sad eyes.

"I-I'm back" Hinata said. I forced the tears that were forming in my eyes to go away. I didn't what Hinata to know what happened...well at least not yet. "Hn... I have some business to attend to. Make yourself at home Naruto, and you are always welcome here" Hiashi said. And with a simple nod as a goodbye he left me and Hinata-chan.

"W-wow My dad seems to like you a lot Naruto-kun" Hinata said. "Yeah" I said. I let a small smile appear on my face,"So, let's get working on our project". "Yeah" Hianta said. She smiled. Somehow her smile seemed to make me happier.