I stand up and then pull Ryder up too.

"Want to go for a walk?" I ask through mind-link.

Ryder looks at me and nods.

"We'll be back soon." I say and walk out the door, pulling Ryder along with my hand.

When we get to the forest, I keep our hands together and slow down a little so I'm walking next to Ryder.

When he doesn't say anything, I speak up, "Look, Ryder. If you don't want to tell me, that's fine. But just know that I want to know sometime, this have obviously effected a lot of people and I feel like this is something very hard for you." I say.

He looks at me and lifts my hand up, kissing the back of it.

"You're amazing, you know that right?" He says.

I smile, "Oh, you only tell me once a day."

He smiles too, "Not enough."

I blush and look away.

"But, I'm going to tell you. You deserve to know and you're my mate, we're supposed to tell each other everything." He says.

That comment makes me cringe a little, I know Cam threatened Ryder and that's the only reason I'm not telling him about our little, confrontation.

Ryder sighs as he begins, "Cam used to be really close friends with all of us. He moved here when he was about fourteen and he just clicked in our group. He was a year older than us, the same age as my sister."

I purse my lips when I realise he's talking about his sister who died.

"Anyway, my sister, Claire, turned sixteen about a month before Cam would. When she saw him the next day, she came up to me and told me he was her mate."

I nod, a silent message to him that I'm listening.

"She was so happy," He says with a small smile, "She liked Cam for a bit before she turned for the first time."

"So did she tell him?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "She did what Trent did, waited for him to realise after he turned too." 

I nod.

"After Cam shifted he came the next day and saw Claire. But, instead of running up to her or even smiling, he turned around and walked away."

I frown, "He rejected her?"

Ryder purses his lips, "Not exactly, he never said the words, which only made it worse. Usually when I mate says that they reject their other mate, the mate-bond releases a tiny bit. But because he never did that, the bond was still strong and it hurt Claire everyday. She would go to his house, try to approach him at school, she even followed him into the forest when he went for a run. But, he never even said a word to her."

I frown.

"One day, we all rounded him in the forest and asked what his deal was. Claire was hidden in the trees, we didn't want her to come so she snuck out without us knowing. Cam told us that he didn't want a mate, and that no girl was ever going to be good enough for him. And Claire heard every word.

"When that happened she came out and started yelling at him. What we didn't realise was that Cam was a traitor, he had a pack of rogues waiting to kill us. But, he didn't expect Claire to come. When she was yelling at him, he got so mad. Before we could stop Claire, we were held by the rogues and Cam was fuming at her."

Ryder looks away.

"The next minute she's lying on the ground lifeless with a broken neck." He says.