Chapter 22

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 22: Preparation For The Battle.

   Soloing a dragon.....one of the hardest things to do. Even in a game where a dragon is a boss, it's really hard to accomplish, but not impossible. Just needs preparation.

   I already have good armor that is mostly fire resistant but, since I can't use that Legendary Dagger (the king took it back) I will have to get a better weapon. Plus I need to train a little.

I first went to my favorite blacksmithing place. This time, I just got a normal(ish) sword that had enough sharpness to cut a dragon. Unlike last time, there wasn't much to talk about so my visit was over pretty quickly. But the Blacksmith did cheer me on regarding defeating the dragon.

I then decided to get some lunch at my favorite place to eat. Once I reached the street stall, I saw that today was American style, hamburgers and hot dogs. How the heck did he make hot dogs?!?!?! In any case, time to eat!

"Ah, my favorite customer! Where have you been the past month or so?" (Karmen)
"I had a quest to take care of, and it seems to be a chain quest too. Haven't even got my original rewards yet and now I have to solo a dragon with almost now specific combat skills." (Arthur)

It's true, I can use any weapon, any magic, I can enhance my self, hid my self, and even increase my stats by a lot, but I have no basic combat skills like [Slash] or [Stab]. I can do those regularly but I won't get the extra damage bonus. For attacking, all I have would be the generic [Attack] button in a game. I looked up to see the man with a strange look on his face, oops.

"Ah sorry, I meant that I helped someone but by doing that, I have to fight a dragon by my self when I'm not even trained properly regarding combat." (Arthur)
   "......."(Karmen)
"Um.....do you need to ask me something?" (Arthur)
"........Have you looked at your skill trees yet?" (Karmen)
"Skills trees? I have such a thing? Well it's true I never looked for one but WAIT, wait a minute. How do you know that term?!?!?!?" (Arthur)
"Have you even activated the level system yet?" (Karmen)
"There is such a thing?!?! And how do you know video game terms?!?!" (Arthur)

Don't tell me....he is from my world!!! And here I thought I was the only one....

"So....your from Earth too?" (Arthur)
"Yep! I lived in U.K., I was a culinary Otaku who loved video games as well." (Karmen)
"So wait, you stayed inside and cooked other countries food all day and also video games?" (Arthur)
"Yep! Although I liked to cook anything really." (Karmen)
"That's cool! Finally someone like me, although you're old..." (Arthur)
"Hey! I'm only 34 you know!" (Karmen)
"Really? Wow....How long you've been here?" (Arthur)
"Four long years... still haven't found a way to escape..." (Karmen)

You can see the sadness in his eyes. He must of lost something...I decided it was best not to ask about his past at the moment.

"So.....about the skill tree...." (Arthur)

He seemed to brighten up a little bit and looked a little relieved too. I guess I did good, I don't want to loose a possible ally to depression.

"Ok! So about how you get skills. There are three ways to do this, one is to use the level system in which you gain a certain amount of skill points every level that you can use to advance in one or multiple skill trees. Another is without the level system but you can only gain skills through repetition actions. The third is to accept the unique ability [Skill Steal] and steal the skills of the monster you defeat." (Karmen)

Choices, oh the choices. The hardest choice seems to be the second and the easiest one seems to be the first. The third just seems to be the coolest and similar to a certain one armed, red lightning clad, gun shooting, white haired MC in a light novel.

"Hmmm....is that all? I think I want something in between all of them?" (Arthur)
"What do you mean?" (Karmen)
"Well I want a skill tree system but in order to unlock the skill tree, you have to meet the requirements for it through some action or through someone giving the ability to you. I also want to be able to observe animal's and people's skills and be able to copy it after trying it a bunch of times." (Arthur)
"Interesting....Welp there you have it! That's your system I guess." (Karmen)
"What do you mean?" (Arthur)
"The goddess will really give you a system you think of your self, you just need to imagine it fully. I imagined the level system my self." (Karmen)
"Wait really? Then how do you know of the other systems?" (Arthur)

Suddenly he was depressed again and had a sad smile on his face. I decided not to ask about it.

"So, how do I create it?" (Arthur)
"....Just say the name of your system and the details then a screen will pop up in front of you, then press [Create]." (Karmen)

I did as he said and decided my system would be called the [Observation System]. And it worked! I now could see all the skill trees and their requirements! It was amazing....With this...I could win.

"Thank you for the help! I will drop by in 6 days to give the good news." (Arthur)
"Ah, Ok! And Arthur.." (Karmen)
"...Yes?" (Arthur)
"........Be careful ok?" (Karmen)
"Yes! I will!" (Arthur)
".......don't end up like me...." (Karmen) But I didn't hear that last part.
----------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Karmen and his tragic past is now in play! I told you that an author never does something for nothing right? Anyways, my first language is English (if you haven't guessed) so my spelling errors are ERRORS!!! Not that I don't know the word or don't know how to spell it, it's just wrong. So please correct me when you see errors. I don't have an editor.... Also, I will be putting this book on hold soon (again) simply because I want to work on "The Anonymous Swordsman" a little more and because I need to start studying A LOT more. So that's all for now, Good day folks.