Chapter 5

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 5: The Cliches are Killing me!

   As it turns out, the first city is a really, REALLY, far distance away. It's gonna take me at least 5 hours to reach the place. Well I guess I can try my skills along the way. The only one I could probably use in this situation is [Speed Enhancement] which takes up 50 mana per 20 seconds. I can only guess that the cost will get lower as I use it more. I thought strongly about using [Speed Enhancement] and

"Speed Enhancement!" A blue aura enveloped me and my vision tunneled slightly. I started running and found out that I defiantly felt faster than before, and I also seem to perceive things a little slower. I opened and my status and saw the my agility had a [+50 temporarily] next to it. This [Speed Enhancement] is really good. I decided to deactivate it and continue walking.

   After about an hour or so of walking, I found that there was something blocking my path. They were small green men that looked like...Goblins. How cliche, the first monster I face is a goblin. I'm gonna guess that these guess are normally weak alone but strong in numbers. Is that what you want me to think gods huh, HUH!? Well in any case, even though I could just probably walk past them, I decided to test my strength. I walked right up to them and took one of their swords, even then they didn't notice me. So I just swung the sword down on one of the little goblins head.

   My slash may seem normal to me but the them it was like a lightning struck that came out of no where. The sword went so fast the the goblins head split into two in a very gruesome way. The other goblins finally took noticed me as my passive skill [Hidden Presence] wore off. And even though I was disgusted with the way I killed the goblin, I immediately activated [Speed Enhancement]. The goblins, even without my enhancement, were incomparably slow to me, within 2 seconds, the other 4 goblins heads rolled to the floor. Within 4 seconds, the battle ended. Man I'm fast.

   I decided to rest a little since that was the first thing I killed with my own hands before but then again they where just goblins, a common mob in video games. As I was resting, I noticed the goblins bodies decaying at an amazing rate, leaving behind pinkish crystals. I wanted to know what these curious little crystals were and since [Status] is an active skill and technically a spell....

   "Status: Crystals!" It worked, a little screen popped up showing a description of the crystals,

----------------------------------------------
Monster crystal- Rank:E. Description- A light pink crystal that comes from a regular E-rank monster. Can be sold for copper on the market. Lowest possible profit price- 10 copper, highest possible profit price- 25 copper. Can be used to enhance weapons and armor, weak potions, and a very weak capture crystal(I).
----------------------------------------------
   Oh, so these are like monster drops in games, that's cool. But the capture crystal thing got me very curious. Mine as well read about it since there was a convenient (I) icon there. I focused on the (I) icon.

----------------------------------------------
Capture crystals- Description: Capture crystals can be made from 4 monster crystals of the same rank, 5 monster bones of the same rank, and a slime core. Can be used by people with [Summon] magic affinity to contract beasts and store them in the crystal. Probability of success depends on rank.
2 ranks bellow capture crystals rank- 75% chance of success. 1 rank bellow-50% chance of success. Same rank- 25% chance of success. 1 rank above- 10% chance of success. Any higher is 0%. Costs 100 mana to make. Costs 250 mana every try to contract a beast. Additional info- People with the [Summon] affinity are very very rare hence the way to make these crystals has been lost for decades.
----------------------------------------------
   Well since Mary made this game like for me, I guess I just need to collect all the materials, lay them out, and infuse the proper amount of mana into them. I wonder if I can contract a dragon in the future! To bad this isn't like 'Lo** l**e Su**ons' where they contract grimoires and get guardian beasts and shields for free. Well for now I collected some of the goblin bones that haven't decayed yet and continued on my way.

    About another 2 hours later, I was getting sick of killing goblins, and waiting for their bodies to decay took at least 3 minutes each. This took up too much time and I already have enough crystals so I just started ignoring the goblins. They ignored me and I ignored them. My passive skill is just too OP. I could probably steal from a dragon's nest without it noticing. Which I kinda want to do. I finally came upon something different something other than trees and goblins, a lake. I don't know who I look like so I looked into the water to see my self.

   I couldn't see anything but a blurry outline for second and then I realized that my passive skill works on me too! I waved at the water and tapped it, only then did my reflection appear. When it did, I didn't even recognized my self for a second.

   Black hair that was colored lightning blue at the roots, lightning blue eyes, a clear, pale-ish white face, skinny with the look of hidden muscles, and about 6 foot 1. I am impressed Mary, you even incorporated my favorite color into my appearance. Arthur like it, Arthur like it a lot. I was also wearing some very medieval like clothes with light leather armor covering it. Now the only thing I was missing is a weapon. I broke of a branch and made it into something similar to a quarter staff. Eh, good enough. Worst comes to worst, I'll buy my self some battle gauntlets and call my self Saitama. (Authors note- lol I have music playing when I wrote and as I wrote this, The opening from one punch man played by Nathan Sharp started playing. Not joking.)

   After about another hour of walking and more goblins, I heard a girly shout for help and the sound of a bunch of men laughing. I could guess what was going on. Man, these cliches are killing me!

----------------------------------------------
Authors note- so how did you guys like this chapter that was slightly longer than the others. 5 chapters within 16 hours must be a record for any Author. And I slept for 6 of these hours lol. Also, don't get mad at me if I spelled One Punch Man's name wrong. I usually don't keep track of Japanese names, don't call me racist either.