Chapter 16

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 16: On the road.

It was the day after I got my new armor and I only had 10 silver left since I spent so much on preparations. Of course I can always gain more silver by doing B-ranked requests since these pay a lot due to their difficulty. (AN- If you are wondering, Arthur is currently C-rank and he can accept missions up to one rank above him).

<Master, we are going to subjugate a dragon yes?> (Wes)
<Oh Wes you were here, I totally forgot... and yes we are> (Arthur)
<To think you would forget about me... well in any case, this might be a good chance to use the {Capture Crystal} you made> (Wes)
<Hmm.. I was thinking that too, I mean to have a dragon under my control, it would be a dream come true..> (Arthur) (AN- in case you guys forgot, I am using <> for telepathic communication).

I mean just imagine riding a dragon through the sky, fighting monsters and saving people. It's what every Chunni wishes to do. If there a Chunni into fantasy that is. (AN- *Chunni= shortened from Chunnibyou which is the Japanese slang word for THIS who have '8-Grade Syndrome'. Which basically means those who have very overreactive imagination to the point where they believe the have powers a lot of times). Even if it's not a strong dragon, it would still look cool. Hopefully it's not a ground dragon.

I arrived at the north gate which is our meeting spot and saw the girls hanging around a good, but not fancy, carriage. When Elli noticed me, she waved me over. She was smiling, Jasmine looked a little timid, probably not good with new people, and Caroline looked a little irritated. Well, she never really liked me. (AN- Little hint, ----dere. Take that as you please). I started walking over to them.

   <These are the people you are slaying the dragon with?> (Wes)
   <Yes, is there a problem?> (Arthur)
   <Well don't they seem a little.....weak for wanting to beat a dragon?> (Wes)
   <They're just a distraction, apparently they have some sort of sword that can pierce through a dragon easily. My job is to sneak up on the dragon and stab it with that said dagger.> (Arthur)
   <That strategy is dirty but I see how effective that would be...> (Wes)
   <I'm not planning on killing it though, I'm just going to weaken it so that my {Capture Crystal} doesn't fail.> (Arthur)
   <Yes, that would be problematic since we only have three gold A-rank ones...> (Wes)

   That's right, even though I made many {Capture Crystals}, I was only able to make three gold ones. And even these have limitations; First- a monster with high intelligence, such as dragons, no matter what rank must be weakened before being able to captured. Second- The user of the { Gold Capture Crystal} must have significant affinity with [Light] and [Tamer] magic. Third- A monsters size and rank will decide how much space it takes up. Fourth- A user can only have up to 100 spaces within a {Gold Capture Crystal} depending on their magic affinity. This means even if I have multiple, I only can have up to 100 free spaces until I get better at magic. But that also means, say one of them breaks upon failing to capture a monster, I will still have a hundred spaces left for the other ones. In fact I only really need one but if it ever breaks, I would be in trouble. Enough thinking about that, I got help a princess now. Need. To. Be. On. Task.

   "Hello Elli, how are you today?" (Arthur)
   "I'm fine, you?" (Elli)
   "I'm good, how about those two?" (Arthur)
   "I..a..am fine..please take care of us!" (Jasmine) (AN- think of a shy Japanese person from the manga you've read or the anime you've watched when they join a club).
   "Hmpf, no need to tell you." (Caroline)

   Wow, she doesn't like me at all. Jasmine is a little shy of me still and Elli's behavior did a complete 180 from when we first met.

   "Don't you think that was a little rude Cari-chan?" (Elli)
   "Don't use such an embarrassing nickname in front of others PLEASE princess-sama!" (Caroline)