Chapter 11

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 11: First quest and a variant slime.

   It was 2 days after the fight and I finally got a chance to sneak back into the guild to receive my first quest. I didn't know what to expect so I was really looking forward to it. Also, I finally got some weapons and some new armor. It was light and cheap leather but it was still very light. As for my weapons, I bought a battle staff and two short swords 'cause they look cool. I still can't do magic but my staff will help me with magic in the future.

   I finally go a request off the board. The quest was to subjugate 30 slimes. It seemed a bit much but slimes are very weak. And even though the pay was low, I would finally have the last ingredient for Capture Crystals. Once I have those, I can catch powerful creatures in the future. I can, I can, (AN- at this point out MC Arthur is sucked into delusions about future possibilities for Capture Crystals and not all of these delusions are appropriate to say in public. Please hold).

   After I returned to my senses, I went up to reception and let me accept the request. Although she said it was too weak of mission for me I just said that I need something from slimes specifically. Slimes, unlike most other creatures, do not drop monster crystals, only their cores. But their cores were relatively needed for many potions and can even be used to make certain magic tools. I headed out of the guild with the mission to collect 60 cores so that I would have 30 for my own use. Another reason I needed this quest is because I didn't know where the slime fields are and this paper with the request on it includes a map.

   I finally reached the slime fields and started going on my rampage with my staff. All it takes is one strike to the core to destroy a slime after all. I'm lucky in a way as well since the Angel make this so video game-like for me, I also have an {Item Box} of sorts. (AN- I will use {} for things like item box and other stuff like that. You'll see). This was extremely useful and seemed to be infinite. Divine beings can be generous I guess.

   I continued to kill slimes and collect their cores non-stop and finally reached 60 about an hour or so after noon. There wasn't anyone else in the hunting grounds so I guess everyone wasn't here today. It was kinda strange since this is a common hunting ground but I decided to ignore it and turn back for lunch. I started to walk towards the city when I heard a loud cry from the forest. That was strange, not many people go to the forest since all the slimes stay in the fields so I decided to see what was wrong.

When I got there, I saw a group of large, blue slimes slowly digesting people. Most of them still desperately trying to escape. These slimes are B-class slimes called "Knight Slimes" and they're called that because their cores are well protected. No wonder so many beginners have disappeared, no F-rank adventurer could stand against these guys. Except maybe me of course. What had most of my attention was a small white slime in the middle. I secretly whispered [Status].
----------------------------------------------
Name: Royal Slime. Rank-S

Description: This slime has no offensive ability of its own but has high enough intelligence to command other slimes. These slimes are told to be originally people who were sacrificed to the Eon Slime King.

Myths: Supposably if these slimes are to be defeated without being killed, they can revert to their human forms. Although they will not have any memory of their past life and only memories from when they were a slime. The will still have the abilities from their slime form.

Abilities:
[Slime Command]
[Whip Constrict]
{Stomach}
[Regeneration]
[Acid Digestion]
[Take Over]
----------------------------------------------
Hmm, doesn't seem hard for a S-class although that [Take Over] ability seems troublesome. I thought that I could at least I should try to save some of the people that's are still alive but I noticed that these guys have an extremely high digestive rate and everyone was too far gone. Stupid slimes, I will get revenge for those people. HERE I COME! And then screamed a battle cry while rushing with my duel short swords.

"RRRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH"
————————————————————
   Royal Slimes POV:

   The plan was going well. So far only weak humans have come and try to kill us but none of them can escape my [Whip Constrict] so they are all fed to my Knight Slimes. If all goes well, I will have an army of humanoid slimes by then end of the month. Since slimes can only evolve by digesting the living, they can go through a variant evolution when devouring many of beings with intelligence and eventually reaching "Humanoid Slime", which is when they gain their own intellect. When this happens, I will be unstoppable.

   This was what I thought be he showed up of course. Like a shooting star, a boy ran at a speed that even I couldn't follow. More importantly, I didn't even notice him until he shouted, my senses must be getting dull. I was going to constrict him but he avoided everything and continued to destroy my Knight Slimes while collected their cores. After about 5 minutes, all 20 of the Knight Slimes I had with me have died, just what is this guy?

I was very cautious of me and I him so now we were both at a stalemate, staring at each other. I then made a move as if the constrict him but then moved above him and used [Take Over] he tried to avoid me but I still caught onto his back. AHAHAHAHAHAHA, its over now human, I was looking for someone else but your as good anyone to take over.

After about five minutes, I still haven't taken him over! It was like an invisible wall was blocking me from his mind and then I heard a voice,
"You will not control this boy, either become a companion or die."

The voice was very commanding and spoke with divine power coursing through it. I knew this voice was not lying so I immediately admitted defeat. At that, the contract was formed while the boy still clawed at me and I became his own beast. Most humans can't do this sort of thing for not having an affinity for [Tamer] magic, how strange. In any case, I now serve under this boy.
END OF POV
----------------------------------------------
Authors note- HAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes I may have teased you a bit with the Royal Slime having the possibility of turning back to a human but I would just like to say that this IS needed (this Slimes POV and the info about the Royal Slime). So don't worry, I happen to have a liking for evolving monsters. Also, a new HUMAN companion is about to be added. Well, it might be an old character, maybe a new one WHO KNOWS! Btw, beasts can only form contracts with those who have the [Tamer] affinity which is an affinity literally made for taming animals. Does not work on Beast-Kin or any other humanoid race with high intelligence.