Chapter 17

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 17: The Dragons Mountain.

   "Aaahh, We have finally arrived!" (Elli)
   "Yeah, but where are we?" (Arthur)

   Right now, we are in the middle of no where at the base of a mountain. Is this where the dragons lair is? It's pretty cliche, I mean, it even has that 'Stormy Clouds will appear' feel.

   "We've arrived at the place where the dragon has been sighted of course." (Elli)
   "So, where is the lair?" (Arthur)
   "That, we don't know. We have to look for it." (Caroline)
   "Hmm... How about we check the east side of the mountain first." (Arthur)
   "Why the east side?" (Elli)
   "Well if I was a dragon, I would want my cave on the east side so that the rising sun wakes me up and I can go hunting early in the mourning." (Arthur)
   "Ok, it's decided then! We shall scale the east side and come down the west side whether we find anything or not!" (Elli)
   "You seem really excited princess..." (Arthur)
   "When she is not doing business, she is usually like this. Cari-chan usually has to keep her in check." (Jasmine)

Wow, originally she gave off the 'Sad/desperate' feel, but now she is like a hyperactive 10 year old. I'm exaggerating a bit again, but Elli seems generally excited. What is with this girl and her sudden 180 changes in her actions in behavior. Does she have multiple personality disorder or something? (AN- It literally means that a single person can act like there is multiple different people minds within them. If any of you have read 'Not Lives' the manga, the one who could use 'Discord Motion' has this problem I believe. Don't hold me up on the though, it's been a while since I read it so I don't remember that manga to clearly).

"Well let's go to the east side then." (Arthur)
"Wait! Don't go deciding things on your own!" (Caroline)
"It's fine, it's fine. Hurry up Cari!" (Elli)
   "Wai..Wait for me Princess-Sama!" (Jasmine)

   We ran all the way to the east side. But now we have to actually climb the mountain since there is no paths of any kind on this mountain. Lucky I bought a bunch of rope. I was starting to pull it out but I stopped since the other weren't preparing any thing.

   "Um, aren't we supposed to prepare to climb the mountain?" (Arthur)
   "About...huff..that. We are...huff... going to...wait till tomorrow." (Elli)
   "And we are not 'climbing' in the literally sense anyways." (Caroline)
   "The how are we gonna get up it?" (Arthur)
   "Flight magic of course!" (Elli)

   The princess recovered quickly didn't she? And flight magic....I'm resisting the urge to jump up in the air, with my fist up high, and scream 'WOOOHOOO' at the top of my lungs. I've seen a little magic before, but flight magic is what I want to learn the most. Freedom to go anywhere, epic areal battles, and so much more come with the ability to fly! I have to give my thanks to Truck-San for giving me this chance. (AN- I started to realize how stupid my title sounds so I decided to add references to that truck from here on out. I would change it, but I still have a terrible naming sense). Ok I need to calm down for now.

   "So, who is going to cast the flight spell?" (Arthur)
   "That would be Alyssa-chan." (Elli)
   "Um, who is Alyssa?" (Arthur)

   Jasmine quietly raises her hand and I look at her in confusion. She starts to explain. Apparently, Jasmine used to be a slave back when people still discriminated against Demi- humans (AN- I don't know if you guys forgot or not, Jasmine IS a beast- kin. Refer to Chapter 7). But when Jasmine was 5, she got picked up by a family belonging to the church and became a priestess under the name 'Jasmine Lucifer'. She was then given to the princess at the age of 10 and they have been together ever since. Since Elli and Jasmine became really close, Elli learned Jasmine's real name and calls her that when no one else is around. Well Alyssa fits her better than Jasmine, so I think I should call her that too.

"Well then Jasmine, is it ok if I call you Alyssa too?" (Arthur)
"Eh..ah..why?" (Jasmine)
"Cause it fits you better then Jasmine."
   "Ah, um..I guess so then.." (Jasmine now Alyssa) (AN- pronounced ul-lis-a).
   "Great! Now back to business, should we just set up camp here, it doesn't look like it will rain tonight." (Arthur)
   "That should be fine, we just need to kill the dragon within the next three days in order to be within the time limit." (Elli)
   "Well I will get started on dinner then." (Arthur)

   That night we had grilled peppers that had been cooked while wrapped in bacon and the next morning, I made fried egg. (AN- the pepper thing is made by wrapping this small green peppers that come in jars at Walmart, wrapping them in bacon and skewering them with a tooth pick or something close to it. Then you put them on a grill or frying pan, either way is fine, and cook them until the bacon is done. You can also cook the bacon a little before hand if you don't want the pepper to be that burnt. It's really good). Then we flew up the mountain. I was disappointed though. It was really slow and was basically the speed of pulling a bucket filled with lead from a deep well. If this is the extent of flying magic, I'm gonna ride a dragon into aerial battles in the future. It's just as fun as free flying and is even more dangerous!

   After about an hour of flying, we finally came upon a cave. We set our selves down in front of it and stared into the abyss.

   "I can sense something really strong in there." (Alyssa)
   "Yes, it's a really ominous presence in there." (Caroline)
   "Well this is defiantly the dragons lair, so in that case, I have something to present to you Arthur." (Elli)

   She takes out something wrapped up from her back and then unwraps it. What I say was a beautiful looking long Dagger. The blade was blood red with gold streaks. It also was curved back slightly and did that cool thing where there is something like and unclosed hole in the back. (AN- its kinda hard to explain, but basically, it's made as if a chunk in the back has been broken off. Kinda like how harpoons are except it's a daggers blade and the hook-like piece is more curved towards the center. I wish I had a proper picture of it, sorry). The handle was all black with red lightning bolt-like streak in random places throughout the blade. I decided to use [Status] on it.
----------------------------------------------
Dragon Slayers Dagger: Rank-S, Grade- Legendary.
Attack: NOT FOUND
Durability: Infinite
Enchantments:
[Insanely High Sharpness]
[Infinite Durability]
[Dragon Flame Resistance]
Description: This Dagger is the Legendary artifact and family heir loom of the Royal Callington Family. This is currently the second strongest weapon on the Averia continent. The strongest has yet to be found.
----------------------------------------------
   The word 'found' looked like 'awaken' for a second, but that's probably my imagination. More importantly though,

   "Princess.." (Arthur)
   "Yes Arthur? Oh, um, you seem to have a scary Aura there. Hehe. Are you ok?" (Elli)
   "I would like to inquire you about the weapon you are letting me borrow for the length of this mission, is that alright." (Arthur) (AN- this is not stated as a question on purpose).
   "And what would that be? He..he?" (Elli)
   "WHY THE HECK DO YOU HAVE THE LITERAL LEGENDARY ARTIFACT OF YOUR FAMILY HERE TO SLAY A B-CLASS DRAGON. ISN'T THIS OVERKILL!!!" (Arthur)
   "Well, my father is a little over protective of me, teehee."

   To think I was a little worried about them being weak.... I will get her back.
----------------------------------------------
Author's Note- Next chapter is when they fight a dragon! Or will they! Who knows! (Well I do, but I'm not telling). And also, a long awaited event that I foreshadowed long ago will come into play next chapter. 3 more chapters till the first chapter of 'The Anonymous Swordsman', which will not have a cool cover, is released. That's it for now.