Chapter 12

AN- A {Capture Crystal} is kinda like a item box that stores monsters.
----------------------------------------------
   Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 12: Why is this {Capture Crystal} so OP?!?

   It was the day after I completed the quest for the slime subjection and also the information about the Knight Slime attack. I gave them the guild cards I found on the ground so the guild doesn't file a missing person report. I of course left out the part about the Royal Slime out, especially the part about it forming a monster contract with me since it would be troublesome.

But man was I scared, I thought that this thing would take me over but I guess [Mary's Divine Protection] prevents anything from taking me over and even hardens my skin a bit. Even though I say it hardens my skin a bit, it's just to the point where I won't be effected by needles or dull blades, a well maintained sword can still chop me up. The description of this protection it says that I will never receive mental damage or ever receive an illness or be affected by poison. If I wanted to, I could be a food taster for the king. That would be the life. But my biggest issue now is..

<Hey, when are we going? What we doing? And when will you let me see?>

...is this slime. It talks to much in my head to much. Plus it's constantly on my back and won't get off no matter what I say. It keeps saying that contracted beasts must have physical contact with their master for at least 2 days to create a stable bond with their master, only then can the separate. This is needed so that the contracted beast can mentally communicate with its master when they are apart and also so that the beast can restore its self with its masters mana. So you can imagine the discomfort of having a slime on your back for 2 days. It's like having a large amount of Aloe gel on your back that's moving constantly. At least I don't sleep on my back often. (AN- I just thought it would be funny to do this lol. Also I'm going to use <> for mental communication and/or telepathy).

<Will you just be quite already Wes!>
(AN- White Slime)
<But what are you doing? I'm curious!>
<I'm trying to think, please be quiet!>

What to do with this pesky slime. Slimes don't seem to have genders but if I had to describe its voice, it would be slightly feminine and sounds like an annoying little child. (AN- This means nothing! Nothing at all.....). So since I didn't know it's gender, it's and it for now and it will stay an it until I can distinguish its gender so that I can give it a better name that also takes in account it's personality and it's personal preferences along with its gender and what it acts the most like. (AN- the it's we're on purpose, 11 of them in one sentence btw).

<At least tell me where we are going, I want to know!!!>
<Fine! You whinny brat. I'm going to get some lunch since I'm hungry.>

This slime reminds of the girl from Hyouka. Way to curious and asks way to many question. (AN-If you watched this anime, you should know who I'm talking about). I was going to the stand that I had Karaage a while ago at. While it wasn't called Karaage, that's what I'm going to call it.

I finally quieted Wes down as I got to the good stall and greeted the man who's name is Karmen. (AN- Karaage Ramen. My names are clever aren't they ;). This guy has a different Japanese looking dish every day, and I love it. Today he seem to be cooking something like Nabe.

"What-cha cooking today Karmen?" I asked him.
"Ah, its called 'Babhla Bia', you pick what you want strait out of the pot."
(AN- literally 'Food Bowl' in Irish. This is completely random btw).
"Mmmm, smells good! When is it going to be ready?"
"Actually, it's ready right now. Would you like to try it?"
"Yes!"

Though he said 'pot' it looked more like a pan with just a little more volume than usual, but who cares. Time to eat some Nabe! I grabbed some chopsticks and grabbed a disposable plate, payed him, and took out some of the meat and vegetables with the back of my chopsticks. I then reversed the chopsticks and dug in. When I took my first bite, it was so freaking good! Salty but juicy, strong yet delicate, chewy but soft, was how this Nabe tasted. How can you even make it this way! I thanked him for lunch and decided to go back to the guild and pick up another request.