Chapter 15

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 15: Deep Sea Light Armor, Acquired.

   It was still around 3:00 if I judged the position of the sun correctly when the whole 'joining a princess's party' business came to an end, so I decided to go out and get some supplies for the trip. The trip, by Caroline's calculations, will take around two to two and a half weeks total. So I need to prepare a lot of stuff. Thank the goddess for giving me an item box.

I was gonna need some better, if possible fire proof, armor. Elli gave me some funds so I'm ok money wise. The money system is a little weird here though. Instead of the usual 'gold, silver, and copper' coins, there also seemed to be coins like 'nickel' coins, 'tungsten' coins, 'white gold' coins, 'dragon scale' coins (in name only, it's actually made of some sort of gold and mithril alloy), and even something called  'Demon metal' coins. But most of these coins are not used regularly.

   The ranking goes like this; 10 copper= 1 nickel, 10 nickel= 1 silver, 5 silver= 1 tungsten, 2 tungsten= 1 gold, 100 gold= 1 white gold, and demon metal coins are only used on the islands where demons live. In Averia (AN- the human continent. Also, I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier, but the warrior girl that Arthur had a duel with in chapter 10 has the same name as this world. Totally on accident lol) only white gold, gold, silver, and copper is is used. In Caldova (AN- The Dwarf continent) nickel and tungsten coins are used more than copper and silver due to economic issues and the surprising rarity of copper and silver on there continent. Tungsten is not as much in Caldova as it is in Averia though. Only dragons use the dragon scale coins to represent their wealth, not exactly sure on their system. Elves don't use money though, they have no need for it since they are mostly hunters and practitioners of magic. Not surprising in my opinion. Most elves are tree-huggers anyways. (AN- I actually like elves due to their aptitude in magic, not trying to be rude by calling them Tree-Huggers. With all that talk about 'The spirits of the forest will protect us' and 'we must protect the forest for it is our sacred duty', how can I not call the tree-huggers?).

   I finally found a armor shop that has enchanted armor and went in. I looked around and the armor dazzled me. It didn't look like the really fancy weak armor that some stuck up noble would wear but it still looked cool and had amazing stats compared to the armor I saw at other shops. The only problem is that the shop its self looks slightly run down.

   Another thing to not is that all the armor is enchanted in one way or another. Normally it would be hard just to get armor enchanted with say something like 'Increased Mobility' or 'Weight Reduction', which are the basics for armor enchanters but there is still 75% chance of failing at this depending on your experience. But all the armor had those two and more, why aren't people flooding this shop, it's wonderful.

   I looked at the status of all the armor within the shop and finally found some cool looking light armor. It was like if Kirito met Bell and combined their gear together. The clothe is mostly a deep sea blue (AN- if you haven't noticed, I REALLY like the color blue) that would look blueish black without the proper lighting. And the actual playing its self was black with some sort of lighting blue runes going throughout it. And it's stats are probably better than at least half the armor in here.
----------------------------------------------
Deep Sea Light Armor: Name-none, Rank-A, Grade-Epic.
Durability- 500/500
Defense- +250
Enchantments:
[Increased Mobility]
[Weight Reduction]
[Fire Damage Reduction]
[Water Auto-Repair]
[Increased Durability]
[Slight Magic Reflection]
[Water Magic Damage Increase]
Description- Armor made by a master blacksmith who has traveled the world and learned from very many races on how to forge. This plating is said to made of a metal only found in the underwater castle of the sea god.
----------------------------------------------
   I.....I have no words for how AWSOME this armor is. Normal light armor usually can only reach +100 defense, this armor is just too good. It was even Epic Grade! That's the third rarest grade for an armor! (AN- the grade system goes like this: Poor, Good, Quality, Rare, Epic, Legendary, and Holy, in which Poor being something apprentices make, Quality being something that a good blacksmith will have a hard time making, Epic being something that only a grand master of blacksmithing can only make once or twice in their life time, Legendary being an artifact or heirloom kept by the royal families, and Holy being a weapon strait from the gods. Now, back to the story). I am just admitting this armor so much, that I didn't even notice the person behind me.

   "You have a good eye boy." (???)
   "Ah! Oh man you startled me. In sorry it's just that this armor was made so well, I couldn't help but admire it." I turned around while saying that to see, well something I did NOT expect. The person who talked to me was a girl around my size but older than me that I bet the Japanese would call her 'Onee-Sama!' on sight. She just gave off that kinda of aura. (AN- no, I am not adding her as a main character. She is gonna be like Liz in the first half of the first season of SAO).

   "Ohoho, so you like the armor I made so much that you stared at it for a full 10 minutes?"
   "Ah yes, it also looks really cool..wait, you made this?"
   "Yep! I may not look like it, but I traveled the world for about thirty years after coming to age."
   "(........)"

   .......Are you kidding me! This Women looks like she could be 21, but she is at least in her 40's?!?!? (AN- this is why I'm not adding her as a prominent character).

   "You look.....young for your age."
   "Why thanks for the flattery but that isn't going to get you anywhere." (Blacksmith)
   "So.....how much is it Blacksmith-Sama?"
   "I don't know what the -Sama is for but this armor isn't for sale." (Blacksmith)
   "What? Why?"
   "Because I can't just sell this armor to anybody without reason. As you can see, it's pretty high grade." (Blacksmith)
   "....So if I have a good reason, you'll sell it to me?"
   "If it's actually a good reason." (Blacksmith)
   "Ok then, the reason why I need it is to help slay a dragon."
   "That's not that good of a reason." (Blacksmith)
   "Well if this dragon is not killed, then a new friend of mine will have all her freedom restricted for the rest of her life..."
   "Hmmm, so you want to slay a dragon to give freedom to a friend of yours?" (Blacksmith)
   "Yes."
   "I see, I see. Your resolution to do this is quite strong and it doesn't seem like your lying either." (Blacksmith). Well of course I have a strong resolution, this is a 'Save the Damsel in Distress' flag. How could I not pass this up.

   "Well, even with that reason I still don't think I could sell you this armor." (Blacksmith)
   "This. Armor. Is. Needed. Please sell it to me!" Activating, pleading eyes filled with stubbornness.
   ".....Haaaa....I guess it can't be helped, I will sell you this armor."
   "Really! Yes! (AN- at this moment Arthur jumped in the air while raising his fist up high, 80's style). So, how much is it?"
   "Hmm....it's not like the enchantments are hard for me, but the metal was particularly hard to find. I will sell it for 3 gold just for you though."
   "Deal!"

   That night our protagonist was face palming for paying 3 gold for armor when he only had three gold and fifty silver all together.
----------------------------------------------
Author's Note- No, the blacksmith is not a dwarf, she is human. Also, I'm thinking of having a Christmas special in one of the later chapters because, well, Christmas is coming up soon. And regarding 'The Anonymous Swordsman', it will probably be out around Christmas too. Once again point out spelling and grammatical errors so I can fix them. Good night! (For me anyways).