Chapter 21

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 21: The Kings Decision.

After getting back to town from fighting (making friends with) Sophiana, we immediately went to go see the king due to today being the last day to report the quest. The doors opened slower than usual and all of us, except Sophiana, be came more tense by the second.

A single maid was standing there and motioned us to follow her. We walked through the hallway(S) until we reached the room where Elli first briefed me on her situation. Ah memories.

We all sat down on the couch that was there and waited for the king to come. All if us had solemn faces except Sophiana who has a greedy glint in her eyes while looking at the paintings. Seriously though, why is she so carefree?

After 10 minutes of waiting, the door we faced open, slowly and silently. A butler and an old man in fancy clothing came into the room. The butler moved to the side and bowed,

"Presenting King Charles Callington the Fourth." (Butler)

The king walked in after he was introduced and sat down on the golden wood chair in front of us. He looked at the Royal trio with a slightly relieved but mostly angry eyes. Then he turned until his gaze landed on me....and sent me shivers, usually people couldn't see me after all, but I did open the door so he probably was watching when I cam in somehow. His gaze, though, was like having a lion piercing you with its angry eyes. He looked very mad at me for some reason. If I had to guess, it would be the look of a father looking at the guy that's about to take away his daughter and doesn't approve of it. I don't get it though, she just sees me as a subordinate. Then, after some killing intent leaked out near the end, at least I think it was killing intent, he turned back to the trio, still ignoring Sophiana.

"So, did you subjugate the dragon?"(King Charles)

A simple question, but still not something we want to answer exactly.

"Well, the thing about that is..." (Elli)
"Did. You. Subjugate. The. Dragon." (King Charles)
"About that, its complica.." (Caroline)
"Did you kill it, or not?" (King Charles)
"Etto, ah...um...see it wa..." (Alyssa)
"So you didn't huh. Then as said before, you will stay in this mansion till your married off. In fact, I even have a candidate lined up, a very prominent noble. I made sure they were around your age, think of it as me doing something nice." (King Charles) (AN: Just so you know, in the medieval ages, even 12-13 year old kids could be married to like 40 year olds. It's disgusting).

   The king started to stand up and walk back to the door. The Royal trio all looked like they had been defeated. Elli especially looked very depressed, and it doesn't seem like it would change unless someone did something. I started to feel frustrated, angry even while looking at the king walking away. Then, against my own knowledge, a stood up and called out to the king,

   "King, you must listen to the hole story before making a judgement." (Arthur) The king turned around and when he saw my angry yet determined expression, he looked surprised.
   "Do you have something to say to me I wonder? My word is final and those who don't listen can, will, be imprisoned you know?" (King Charles)
   "Seeing as you didn't even listen to what your own daughter had to say, I don't see you as someone who I can follow the words of." (Arthur)

   The king and me were having a stare down, A rule and basically a peasant. (AN: remember, Arthur is an otherworlder, in terms of class, it's completely separate from everything else). A man with might a lion facing a boy with the bravado of a Knight willing to throw his life for the ones behind him.

   'When do I become so....brave again' (Arthur)

   On the outside, it may look like the state of the century, but on the inside, the Knight is seriously questioning his life choices. After a long moment of staring, the king seems to have reached a decision.

   "Willing to fight for these girls are you? Then I have a proposition.  The question is will you accept it?" (King Charles)
   "I'm not backing down King." (Arthur)
   'Seriously, what am I doing? It's like someone is forcing me to go down a difficult (AN: Capture) route.' (Arthur) (AN: If you haven't noticed, the '..', are his thoughts).
   "Then how about this, if you can win against a dragon by your self and show that you have the power to protect those behind you, they will be freed and Ellinor can marry who she wishes." (King Charles)
'Wait? I have to do that?!?!?!?!? And why does this seem like a flag.....' (Arthur)
"I accept! I will not back down." (Arthur)
".....Hmm, then in five days time, we will hold the match. And if you loose, you will face imprisonment.....if you survive that is." (King Charles)

The king walked out with his butler and the door slammed be hind them. I was sighing at my own choices and why I would do something like this.

"Arthur....you don't have to do this.." (Elli)
"I'm pretty sure I do, now at least.." (Arthur)
"I will make my father forgive you at least, please! Don't do this!" (Elli)
"......Elli......" (Arthur) I grabbed her shoulders and looked directly at here eyes.
"Wha...what is it?" (Elli) She was trembling a bit and was blushing a lot at the sight of our faces so close to each other. Me on the other hand, went from a serious expression to a large grin.
"I....." (Arthur) Everyone held their breath, expecting what I would say next...
"I.....really want to fight a dragon!" And getting something completely different.
----------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I did it! This chapter is exactly 1000 words (if you take out this note). Anyways, chapter one of "The Anonymous Swordsman" is out and it's just a backstory chapter but IT IS NEEDED FOR THE PLOT!!!! So don't ignore it if your going to read it. Also, see if you can spot the motif. I will not be updating till probably Tuesday, that will be Chapter two of "The Anonymous Swordsman" cause if don't feel like writing up chapter 22 of this book tomorrow. Deal with it, I got me some anime to watch and new games to play. Also please vote and comment so I actually know that there is actual people reading....Good night people!