Chapter 9

Truck-San Strikes Again! Chapter 9: First Duel Equals First Rival!

   "Um, I don't know what you mean, I just came here to sign up for the guild. It's not like I was hiding in purpose." I was starting to get frantic, if I get called a demon again.

"You may have came here to sign up but it's Alexia's practice to welcome new comers, who she usually senses with her detection skill. Explain how you got past her."
"I.....Walked?"
"(........)"

    Everyone went silent at this. I didn't seem to be lying by people don't just walk with getting detected by detection skills.

   "You walked? You walked? Don't play around with me newbie."
"I have some questions too. Why are you so agitated and why do you still have your hand one my shoulder?"
"(.......)"

    Once again, everyone was speechless to my words. I agitate a S-rank adventurer so much as a mere F-rank adventurer is not abnormal person would do. But it's the ice guys own fault.

   "What I'm so agitated about is that you just 'walked' past a SSS-rank's detection skill and won't tell me how you did it! If I could learn it...."
"Well it's a unique passive skill only to me so sorry but I can't tell you."
"Stop playing around! There is no passive skill as good as that one!"

   Well yeah, even in video games, OP passive skills are hard to come by. But still what does this guy need it for. Oh yeah, in the show the ice guy and fire guy always wanted to be the warrior girl. Guess it's only natural here too. (AN- yeah I know there names, I just don't want this book to be called a fan fiction or for me to get hunted down by the copy write police).

"Well I really can't tell you how I did it. I'm sorry." I did a slight bow and started to walk away but this time I felt a oven hot hand on my shoulder.

"How about this than? Let's have a duel and if we win, you have to tell us how you did it." Is what the fire guy told me.

With my current abilities, I don't think I would be able to them. I decided to at least check their stats and I was extremely surprised! Their stats were all above me. In fact the only stat I beat them was in intellect but the fire guy was only 54 points below me. (AN- for those of you who don't remember, his intellect stat is 500. So do the math). The ironic part is that even though I am supposed to be able to use higher ranked magic than an S-class battle mage, which is what I see the fire guy as, I still don't know any combat spells except [Speed Enhancement]. Which is more of a buff than a combat speed like for example [Fire Ball]. (AN- I will be using [] every time I name a skill. This goes for spells too since spells are under the active skill category).

"Ahh...But a couple S-rank adventures challenging a F-rank adventurer? Isn't that a little much?"
"Don't worry, I will be the only one challenging you." The ice guy said
"No I want to! I want to beat Alexia more than you do!" The fire guy said. And then they continued to argue about who fights me to they point where they're about to fight themselves. That's when Alexia steps in and says,

"ENOUGH! I will challenge the beginner since I want to know how he got past my detection skill my self. Of course I will only use a small amount of power to make it a fair duel." The two guys backed down at this. So I guess I'm fighting Alexia? Haaaa....I don't think I have a pain free future in front of me.

It took about two minutes to get to the sparring field in the back of the guild. I went to one side and she another. I didn't have a weapon so I just took up a Kung Fu stance I saw on TV not to long ago while Alexia took on the stance of an experienced swordsman. I can't help but notice how similar her stance is to that of a person who practices kendo. But since she holds a large broadsword, it can't be the same fighting style. (AN- correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, kendo is only for single edged swords so a broad sword wouldn't work for this style since it's double edged. Also, kendo pits more focus on speed while a broadsword is used for its power).

The referee was the receptionist and as soon as she said 'GO', Alexia charged at me with a surprising speed. I quickly activated [Speed Enhancement] and dodged with as minimal movement as possible. She seemed surprised I wasn't finished in one blow and continue to attack me. I, however, jumped back as for as I could and activated [Camouflage]. I didn't want to fight her so I tried to escape. And even though it was a good plan, this good plan forget about the locked door and the large wall.

Well....this fight gonna be hard!

----------------------------------------------
Authors note- sorry for the late update, just never got to it. Be ready for the next chapter!

Truck-San strikes again!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara