A deep chuckle was heard as Mettaton sat up from his lying down position in the booth looking at you with amusement. The love tuner was in his mouth as he played the pattern perfectly again and your mouth practically dropped open. Not only had he asked you out in a creative and unorthodox way but he had used the gift you had given him to do it.

Clever robot. Veeeerrry clever.

You weren't sure what exactly he had planned but you did know that it didn't include his girlfriend having cat ears. Not that they weren't cute but they would most definitely be a hindrance if you were out in the open with them. People would probably think one of three things. That you were either a cosplayer, a monster, or the spawn of a human and a monster.

The first one wasn't so bad but the other two... could be very bad. Especially the last one.

Mettaton Taking Humanoid Monster Out on The Town!

Can Monsters and Humans Have Children? The Truth Revealed!

Mettaton's Secret Human Affair? Go to page 69 for details!

Ignoring your own slightly dirty joke, you shook your head. The likelihood of the article being on that page were slim but the possibility of those being written were almost 100%. You had to hide the ears or cancel the date and stay in until they were gone. Those were your only options.

Heading into your bedroom, you began to dig around for something that you could wear that wouldn't look out of place but was comfortable at the same time. Even though they weren't supposed to last, the ears were surprisingly sensitive and you did not want to be uncomfortable for the whole night. Flattening your ears with a cloth headband, you maneuvered a baseball cap over top and looked at yourself in the hand mirror.

Yeah, that wasn't going to work. It didn't fit the dressy casual look you had been going for. You dug through what you had until you just fell onto your bed frustrated. There was nothing that you liked but you HAD to pick something. But none of it worked well enough to not have it be a red flag that you were hiding something from Mettaton. What would he think of these new additions anyway? Other than the fact that he would more than likely chew Alphys out for her carelessness. Probably Sans too.

Though the skeleton would probably just think this whole scenario was hilarious, which you had to admit it kind of was, unless they turned out to be permanent. Then he would beat himself up about it every time he spotted them on your head while he and Alphys set out to make a cure. Which bothered you more then he realized. The poor monsters already had demons. You didn't want to add another into the mix.

"I've got a delivery that's going to make your heart sing." a familiar deep voice rang out from your living room. Pulling you out of your thoughts. You had been wondering when Sans was coming back.

After it had been made abundantly clear that the ears weren't going to disappear anytime soon, you had been sent home with Sans sleeping over in case something odd happened. They weren't going to allow you to drink the soul shake until the magic had run its course for fear that the two different magics could cause a bad reaction. Cat ears were an inconvenience but not horrible. Two magics mixing within a solid human shell with no means to escape could be really really bad.

When you had gotten up this morning, Sans was already back at the university. He had been teleporting back and forth to keep an eye on you but if there was going to be any other side effects they would have made themselves known by this point. You had been asleep during his last check in (you only knew because he had left a note on the kitchen counter.). So you weren't sure if he knew if you still had the ears or not,