Day 63 - Sports Awards

I have been trying to avoid this day all together. First I told myself that I was not going to have time to do it, but I had so much time. Since I had so much time, I thought "let me shower, then I'll do it". I took a LONG shower, but even that had to be over. So I decided, why not paint my nails? I painted them, but I didn't like the color, so I removed them and painted them again. Now I'm sitting in bed, and I have no other choice than to post. I have to post, but I don't want to.

You see? I don't have any sports awards. I have culinary arts awards, I have ESL awards, Student of the month awards, alpha beta kappa national honor society awards... Go ahead, you can call me a nerd, or geek or whatever. Honestly I am not a nerd, I just love learning. I have a bunch of school awards, but no sport awards, unless scars count, then I have a few. I used to play soccer with my brother and all his friends, who happened to be boys. They didn't care that I was the ONLY girl, they played with me as if I were a boy. It wasn't always fun coming home dirty and bruised. Then I was in the volley ball team and basket ball team in my school in Haiti with all the other girls. I was in the track team in Florida. Here, I play football, lacrosse, soccer with the boys. So I have been in my share of teams, I have played a few sports, I just don't have awards.

What to do? I googled awards and made my own. NOW I HAVE A SPORTS AWARD.

Food For Thought

It's okay to say no. It is better to do a few things well than a bunch of things shoddily. If you are feeling overwhelmed, don't take on anything more. It's okay, and you might be giving someone else a chance to get involved. You don't have to be all things to all people; a few things to a few people will be just fine.