Day 51 - Something Passed Down From Your Parents/Grandparents

Okay, before I say anything else, let me just say that I found this picture on Google. So it doesn't belong to me, but it's exactly like the one my mom gave to me when I was little.

I was probably 8 when my mom gave me her porcelain china doll, she said she'd had it since she was a little girl, her grandmother had given it to her. It was supposed to go to her mom, but her mom passed away when my mother was just 2. My great grandmother then gave her the doll, it was a tiny figurine, but when I got it I loved it. Of course at the time one of the legs were broken, because... I don't know, I think I dropped it.

I was thinking so hard for this post, I don't have any family heirloom or jewel, anything that's like a tradition to be passed down from generation to generation. Even that little doll I no longer own, why? Well when I left, it stayed with my mom, then we had the earthquake in Haiti, a lot of things might have not survived.

I will start traditions with my children though, so they'll have something to post when they decide to do a 100 days picture challenge. It's obvious that my non-existent children will want to do that.

Don't forget to read the next post.

Food For Thought

There is nothing wrong with making mistakes. Just don’t respond with encores.