A Gift.

"..iku... Miku...? Miku!"

"..?" The teal-haired girl looked up at the person calling her. She was confused. Her teal bangs covering her big, green eyes.

She tried to say something, but it seems like her voice was gone away.

She was only seven years old, so she didn't know what happened to her voice. What was wrong? Probably it's because of that car accident.

The car accident..?

Not caring about her pain, she quickly stood up.

"N-no! It's not the time to stand up yet! You have to rest right now, honey," A familiar sweet voice said.

The young girl looked up, to find a brunette who is smiling warmly at her. It was her friend, Meiko.

"M.. mm.." she tried to talk to Meiko, but there's no use. It seems she only can say that letter.

She then hugged the brunette tightly. As a reply, Meiko hugged her back.

She can feel some wetness in her shoulder. No wonder, Miku was crying.

"Shhh, it's alright," Meiko patted the teal-haired girl's head slowly to comfort her. Lots of bad things have happened for the past seven years, and it all happened to Miku.

Miku was born on August 31st, 2007. The day her parents died was August 30th, 2013. A day before her birthday.

At first, she was happy. Why? Her father promised her to buy a seriously big present for her birthday. And when she had first place in that contest, he also promised her to buy something that would be really precious to her heart until she grows up.

But now, she knew that something happened to her father. She didn't know what exactly, but it's going to be really hurtful to her.

She looked up at the brunette, yet again, as if asking her about her parents. Meiko understood what she meant, so she said, "wait a minute. Kaito-san will tell us about them really soon," with that, the small girl began sinking her face in Meiko's chest as if she was looking for something.

She wanted to feel safe. She wanted to hug her mother again.

Meiko looked at the young girl with a seriously sad look. She wanted to give her whatever she wanted. She wanted Miku to feel safe. She pulled Miku closer and sighed.

She laughed in disbelief. Did they actually do it? Did that gang kill the Hatsunes?

She couldn't believe it. She was sure she was helping them with her everything, with her fiancé, Kaito Shion, they should have protected them. Even the strongest family in the country was being killed in front of their eyes.

She began tearing up, as she hugged the girl more tightly. Yes, the strong woman, Sakine Meiko, was crying because she felt weak.

At this point, finally Meiko felt weakness and pain, finally, she realized what they actually meant.

But..

She also realized something else...

The weakness is that feeling when you realize you can't do anything but feel like the world is being cruel against you and the people you really like. It's like the pain is just covering you and won't let go of you until you give up.

It's the feeling that makes you have doubt and fear of everything.

Fear..

Doubt..