Will You Stay Away Forever? 57

“W-what?!” I called as my eyes widened, threatening to pop out of their holes.

“I said my water just broke!” Chloe yelped and I could tell she was beginning to panic because her gaze frantically shifted from side to side. “Oh god oh god! Brian what to do?!” She shook her hands and ran around the bathroom.

I sighed and somehow managed to put my own worry aside. “Babe, chill!” I said to her as calmly as possible. “Chloe relax, you’ll slip!” I pointed to the damp floor and walked up to her. I waited for her to finish putting her underwear on and then took her wrists in my hands.

“I can’t chill!” She blurted out and her green eyes twinkled stressfully.

“Okay.” I said gently and stroked her hair, as it always helped calm her down. “Now, are you sure? You were in the shower so…-“

“Yes, yes I’m sure.” Chloe called. “Brian I’m so nervous! I can’t do this!!” She clenched her abdomen.

“Sure you can!” I encouraged Chloe while taking her by the hand and leading her inside the closet. “Get dressed and I’ll take you to the hospital. We practiced this, we’re ready, remember?” I caressed her cheek.

“O-okay.” She nodded slowly and shakily removed a dress from one of the racks and began pulling it on. “Can you go get the hospital bag? I think I put it in the cupboard downst-” She groaned, I could tell that she was beginning to feel the pains of her contractions.

“I’ve got this, don’t worry…” I said to her and watched her slip into her shoes. “Angel I’m here with you, I’m not going anywhere. We’re in this together, you can count on me.” I smiled weakly and then pressed a soft kiss to her plump lips.

“Thank you.” She said softly and grabbed her coat before we headed for the driveway. “Brian? Could you call my mom and Luna?” She asked while fastening her seatbelt.

“Of course, when we get there, okay?” I was so nervous, practically on the verge of hurling. But I had to stay strong for Chloe, I knew how scared she was. The last thing she needed was to find out that I was going crazy as well. “Are you in pain?” I asked.

“A bit.” She whimpered while shifting uncomfortably in her seat. “I can’t believe this is happening!” She sighed and then grinned, turning to face me.

I smiled back, relieved that she was beginning to calm down. I reached for her thigh and found her hand, lacing her delicate fingers with mine. “I’m so happy Angel.” I told her. “Just a few more hours and we’ll meet out baby, how crazy is that?” I laughed.

“It’s insane.” She agreed. “Brian?” She said after a moment of silence. “You can panic now, I know you’re about to explode.” She snickered.

I titled my head and chuckled. “S’okay Chlo, I’ve regained my cool.” I said, earning a chuckle back from her.

“Good, are we close?” She asked hoarsely and I heard her exhale while her hands ran over her stomach. “Ouch Brian, I’m having some serious contractions.” Chloe whined, making cold shivers run down my spine.

“Shhh, it’s fine, just relax and breathe. Dr. Montgomery is going to take great care of you, you know that, right?” I cooed while gently stroking her leg.

Twenty minutes later we were already at the hospital and Chloe was being prepared for the delivery while I informed her mother about Chloe’s being in labor. I also texted my parents and also Matt, in case Jade wanted to support Chlo.

“Did you tell them?” Chloe asked me when I returned to her room. I nodded and pushed the curtains open to reveal the pitch black ocean, which glistened underneath the starry skies.