Will You Stay Away Forever? 35

“Ready?” Chloe asked nervously, looking up to face Brian, who was standing by her side.

He nodded vigorously, making the short hairs that framed his face spring, “Yeah, let’s do this.” Brian said and laced his fingers with Chloe’s, leading her inside the medical clinic.

“Chloe, Brian! It’s so good to see you again!” Dr. Montgomery immediately greeted them, motioning for them to follow her down the hall. “How are you feeling?” She asked Chloe.

“I’m good.” Chloe nodded.

“Great, and how are you coping with the new diet routine?” Dr. Montgomery asked and walked into a room, where a nurse was prepping the ultrasound machine.

“It’s going fine…Haven’t felt tired in so long!” Chloe grinned, resting a hand on her belly.

“Alright. This is Brigitte, she will be handling you today. Are you guys ready to see your baby for the first time?” Dr. Montgomery winked while introducing the nurse.

“Absolutely dying to!” Brian said a bit nervously.

“Hey, you’re Synyster Gates!” Brigitte giggled spontaneously but then shut her mouth, thinking that her reaction wasn’t appropriate.

“Excuse me?” Dr. Montgomery asked puzzled, looking from Brian to Brigitte.

It was no big deal, Chloe and Brian ran into his fans all the time, on the beach, in restaurants…everywhere!

Brigitte stammered apologetically and Chloe decided to take the bullet but Brian interrupted, “It’s my stage name…” He explained lightly.

“Oh yes! Brian's a rock star!” Dr. Montgomery made the connection between the news and Chloe’s hesitations about going on tour. “We can call a different nurse, if this might be unethical.” She suggested, referring to Brigitte.

“No, it’s fine. Let’s get to business.” Brian approved and Dr. Montgomery wished them luck before leaving the room.

“My brother’s a big fan of yours.” Brigitte told Brian casually, explaining how she recognized him.

“Then he’s damn smart and ahead of everyone else!” Brian joked while Chloe laid on the special bed. Chloe obeyed when Brigitte asked her to lift her dress up and expose her growing belly.

Brian smiled warmly and sat on the edge of the bed, resting his soothing hand on Chloe’s knee. “This is going to be a little cold…” Brigitte warned Chloe while she shook a bottle of medical gel and squeezed a decent amount onto Chloe’s stomach.

Chloe giggled, it was extremely cold and sticky, which made her shiver. Brigitte began moving the round device around, spreading the gel all over. “There it is…” Brigitte smiled, “There’s your baby, can you see it?” Brigitte outlined the small figure on the grey monitor.

Chloe eyes immediately watered, this was way too emotional for her, she felt this newfound connection with her baby, which made her love it even more than before, if possible.

“Look Angel, it’s so small!” Brian spoke up first, his eyes were filled with tenderness and excitement. They only left the monitor to look at Chloe’s glazy face and he smiled, stroking her cheek, “I told you it’ll be alright.” He cooed her previous hesitations.

Chloe nodded and sank into the loving touch of his hand, “It’s perfect.” She said emotionally.

“The baby seems healthy…” Brigitte concluded from the data, “Would you like to know the sex?” She asked excitedly. Brigitte applied pressure with the device, making Chloe experience some unpleasant pressure.