Will You Stay Away Forever? 3

By the time Chloe returned home, the sky had already darkened, it was late.

She tried unlocking the door to her house but the key wouldn’t turn, someone was clearly in the house. She waited for a couple of minutes before hearing footsteps rustle on the other side of the door.

“Hey beautiful,” Arthur opened the door for her, taking her purse.

“Good evening.” Chloe said softly while his arms enveloped her and he pressed his lips to the side of her face.

She suddenly felt his body stiffen as he took a deep breath, “Where were you?” He asked.

“Stop sniffing me out,” Chloe wiggled out of his embrace, slightly annoyed.

“I met a couple of friends who are here for Jade’s wedding.” She spared him the questioning.

“Alright,” He gave in, not wishing to argue with her.

“Where’s Adrian?” He asked, watching Chloe slip out of the pair of tall boots and remove her coat.

“I dropped him off at my mom’s.” Chloe said to Arthur, walking past him.

Numerous thoughts troubled her tired mind.

Chloe could hear Arthur follow her to the bedroom. “So we have the house all to ourselves?” Arthur nipped on her neck, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

“I suppose…” Chloe mumbled while she undressed.

“Baby, are you ok? You seem odd.” He said honestly, stroking her cheek.

“I’m just tired.” She lied, resting her hands on his shoulders and giving him a soft peck on the lips.

His strong arms closer around her as he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss as his hands caressed her waist.

Chloe pulled away, slipped out of his embrace and climbed into bed, covering herself with the thick blanket.

Aww, why’d you run?” Arthur grinned charmingly and crawled on top of her, weighing on her with his 220 lbs body.

Ouch!” Chloe whined, pushing him off, “I’m not in the mood!” She mumbled, clenching the pillow beside her.

Arthur huffed and rolled off her. He was silent for a number of minutes before Chloe felt his large hand on her bare arm as he softly stroked it.

“What’s wrong?” He asked quietly, “You’re awfully distant.”

Chloe closed her eyes, feeling her skin shiver beneath the kisses Arthur planted on her shoulders, realizing what she was doing to him was unfair.

“I’m sorry,” She said blankly, “I’m drenched.” She said.

Kaja…” Arthur hummed, well aware of the fact the she was lying to him. “Tell me, I’m concerned.” He asked desperately.

“I met Matt’s best men today.” She said blankly, trying to make it sound like she was talking in plural form.

“And?” Arthur asked patiently, his fingertips dancing in Chloe’s skin,

“And I just found out that a dear friend of mine had been long dead and no one bothered to tell me a thing.” She said it all in one breath, her calmness covering up the anger gushing up inside of her.

Arthur pulled her closer to his chest, kissing her nape. “Baby, I’m so sorry.” He said meaningfully.

The tears welled up on her eyes and Chloe thanked god her back was facing Arthur, she couldn’t bear to look at him.