Will You Stay Away Forever? 4

Chloe walked out of the office building she worked at only to be met by a familiar vehicle.

An SUV that happened to belong to Jade.

“Miss Laursen, your car will be here in a number of minutes, I sincerely apologize for the delay!” The valet approached Chloe, nervously playing with his hands.

“It’s ok Henrik, I won’t need it.” She calmed him politely and swung her purse over her shoulder, rushing to Jade’s car.

The window rolled down and Chloe saw Jade grinning from the driver’s seat while Matt sat in the passenger one, “Well hello lovers.” Chloe laughed, resting a hand on Matt’s shoulder.

Hey baby!!!” Jade reached her hand out, squeezing Chloe’s wrist, “How was your day?”

“Average…She sighed.

Ohhh hey guys!!!” She smiled widely when noticing Zack, Johnny and Brian sitting in the back. “It’s been ages!!!!” Chloe exclaimed excitedly, seeing how they all changed.

Well except for Brian, him she had already met.

“What’s up Chlo? You look great!” Zack smiled, his light eyes warm and welcoming.

“Aww Thanks Zack! Johnny that beard is very….masculine.” Chloe giggled.

Johnny titled his head back, laughing, “Well what can I say? It makes me feel complete.” He cockily pulled on the collar of his shirt.

“I see you guys have  stayed the same bunch of fabulous idiots!” Chloe winked.

“Haven’t matured one bit!” Jade rolled her eyes, “C’mon, hop in!” Jade said excitedly, turning on the engine.

Me?” Chloe asked.

“Yeah you! We are running late so move your ass and get in!” Jade rushed her, making Matt laugh.

Alrighht!!!” Chloe rolled her eyes and opened the back door, noticing that the only vacant seat was next to Brian.

He looked at her blankly and she pulled on a smile, sitting beside him.

“Chloe are you buckled?” Matt asked worriedly.

“Yes Mr. Sanders, I’m buckled!” She giggled. Since when was Matt cautious?

“He got busted yesterday and had to pay a huge assed fine.” Brian smirked, reading Chloe’s mind.

“Brian means that it's me who had to pay the damn ticket.” Jade barged in, pulling into the open road. “Matt doesn’t bother to carry any money on himself whatsoever!” She eyed her fiancée in the corner of her eye.

“You money is fucking weird!” Matt laughed hoarsely.

“There you go.” Chloe chuckled and handed him a 50 Krone bill over his shoulder.

Sweet!” Matt said in triumph, “Your cousin is far more generous than you are!” Matt told Jade.

“Well if that’s the case, maybe you should marry her instead!” Jade mumbled.

Chloe felt Brian stiffen next to her, his shoulder pressed lightly against her and she didn’t dare to move.

“Babe, I don’t want Chloe.” Matt caressed Jade’s hand. “No offence.” He turned around to face Chloe, only to be pushed back by his seat belt.

“None taken…” Chloe smiled, still going through her purse. “Candy, anyone?” She handed the guys a packet of sweets, “Some guy at work always brings me these.”