Will You Stay Away Forever? 48

“Brian?” I heard Zack knock on the door.

“What?!” I called angrily, still breathing heavily after my heated fight with Chloe.

“Ummm, we’re leaving for the signing now, are you coming?” Zack asked hesitantly.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” I snapped. All I wanted to do was curl into a corner. I combed my hair backwards with my fingers and tried to regain my cool.

I pressed my ear to the backroom’s door and discovered that the bus was completely silent. I sighed in relief and opened it, which I immediately regretted because the second I came out, I saw Chloe’s figure.

She was sitting on the black futon and her back was turned to me so she couldn’t know I was watching her. My anger vanished for a brief second as I watched her. The arch of her back was so sexy, her hips turned broader and her baby bump has grown so much, I could barely keep up with the chamge.

She looked more feminine than ever, she was beautifully breathtaking.

But as I approached closer, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. I saw that she was folding clothes and carefully placing them inside of her Louise Vuiton suitcase.

Is she leaving me? I can’t let this happen again.

“What are you doing?” I managed to keep calm. Chloe sprung up to the sound of my stern voice but didn’t even turn to look at me.

“The guys are waiting for you.” She told me monotonously. I felt cold shivers of fear spread through me when I saw the ring I gave to her was gone.

“Where’s your ring?” I clenched my fists and my voice cracked from nervousness.

“It’s in my purse, I’m afraid of dropping it somewhere.” Chloe replied simply, still not willing to look at me.

I quickly closed my hand on her wrist, rather roughly I must admit, and made her face me. “What the fuck is this Chloe?! Are you taking off again?!” I groaned, trying to resist the hurtful twinkle in her eyes.

“I’m fucking tired of this shit! Us fighting over the same crap over and over again, I’m sick of it!” I yelled, letting all of my rage out.

“Why are you screaming at me!?” Chloe choked, lowering herself to the futon. I snapped back to reality when I saw her bury her face in her hands.

She was crying.

“Because you’re-“ I protested but she spoke up.

“I need to go home Brian! Do you honestly think I really want to?!” She cried, her gorgeous eyes were bloodshot and the sight completely broke my heart.

My heart began racing, I didn’t want this to happen, and it was like a déjà vu.

“Home where?! To Norway?!” I called again, completely terrified of what would come next. I knew I messed up but this was a whole new level of catastrophe.

“No! To Orange!” She argued, “Brian what are you talking about?! If I was breaking up with you I wouldn’t have accepted your proposal in the first place!” Chloe called, wiping the tears off her cheeks. “You fucking idiot!” She muttered.

I sighed, feeling like a stone has been lifted off my heart, and sat down next to her. I moved her leather suitcase to the floor to make more room for myself.

“This tour is too stressful for you and me, and especially for our baby.” She whispered to me, placing a hand on her growing stomach. “I need rest, not a fight.”

I nodded slowly even though she couldn’t see it, her gaze was fixed on the floor. Next thing I did was wrap my arms around her shoulders and pull her to me, letting her head rest on my chest. “I know.” I said softly, kissing her temple.

“Brian, I’m sorry I disrespected you in front of everyone, I just lost it for a minute there.” Chloe sniffled and I felt her clench my shirt. “I’m just so, so exhausted. My back is killing me, my chest hurts, we have no privacy-“ a lump in her throat cut Chloe off.

I detached her from my body and wiped the wet tears off her fair face and then tucked my finger under her chin.

“Chlo, I know this is a heavy load.” I whispered to her, closing my hand over the one she held against her stomach. “And I know I failed to help you carry it. And I’m the one who should be sorry, okay?” I said, but she looked away.

“Okay.” She mouthed the last part, but a few more tears rolled their way down her face and finally soaked into the collar of her shirt.

“Baby, listen.” I insisted, coaxing her to cooperate. “You have absolutely no idea how much you mean to me, it’s something beyond your wildest imagination. You, our baby, it’s my treasure. It’s something that is only mine. It’s my greatest accomplishment, my pride. I’d die if I fucked it up.” I confessed figuring that the absolute truth would help me prove my point.

Chloe’s response was burying her face in my neck and placing a soft kiss to my jaw line, which meant the world to me. “I know.” She mumbled and gave my cheek a stroke. “I still have to go…” Chloe sighed.

I couldn’t imagine being on tour for two and a half more months without her, without seeing my baby grow. I would leave the band in a heartbeat to spend every possible second with her, she’s my life.

Chloe reached for something inside her pocket and placed her closed fist in the palm of my hand. My guts churned when the cold material of the platinum ring stung my skin.

My head jerked up but she smiled and held her hand out to me. I smiled back and my fear washed away when I slid it back on Chloe’s finger, it looked perfect on her.

“When are you leaving?” I asked quietly while kissing the side of her neck. The smell of Chloe’s sweetly perfumed hair and skin warmly coursed through my veins.

What am I going to do without her by my side? I want to be able to feel her, hold her… She can’t go yet, can she?

“Tomorrow? I think…” She whispered and propped her legs on the couch and relaxed her back against my chest. “I’ll have to talk to my mom first, see to what date she booked her plane tickets and all of that…” Chloe sighed while caressing my forearms.

I couldn’t control it and I felt my eyes sting, I tried shaking it off but it only resulted in a suspicious sniffle. “Bri?” Chloe mumbled.

“Yes?” I cleared my throat, not letting my voice crack.

“Don’t be sad, you’ll see me again before you know it.” Chloe said and sank further down so she could see my upside down face when she titled hers back.

“I’ll sure try.” I smiled weakly and kissed the tip of her nose. Then I remembered that there were thousands of kids waiting for me outside. Who had saved money and came here for me, and I had to respect them.

“C’mon, we got to get moving.” I told her and stood up. “Are you coming?” I asked, my gave torn between Chloe and her suitcase. I knew that the fans had an awful tendency of giving her a lot of hate. The other girls received nicer treatment from the fans and I wanted to fix it, show them how great she was.

“Yeah, I’ll go.” Chloe surrendered and put her oversized sunglasses on before taking my hand.

_______________________

Sorry this was boring and shorter than usual :( I'll be better next time!

Please vote and comment!