Will You Stay Away Forever? 36

“Excuse me for one sec.” Chloe mumbled to Lindsey and pulled her buzzing iPhone out of the pocket of her skinny jeans. “Hey, baby.” She greeted Brian after seeing a silly picture of his flash across the screen.

“Where are you?!” Brian groaned angrily on the other line, taking Chloe aback. She had to walk out of the room and into the hall, so that Lindsey won’t hear the conversation. “Chloe!?”

“What the hell are you talking about?! I’m at my house!” Chloe hissed back, his attitude wasn’t to her liking.

Brian was silent for a couple of long second before his tone of voice turned shallow and distant, “Why?” He asked calmly.

“Brian what’s up with you?!” She asked, puzzled, not understanding his dissatisfaction.

“Well we are kind of leaving on tour in 6 hours but if you’ve decided not to come than it’s perfectly fine.” Brian muttered dryly.

Chloe rolled her eyes, she had absolutely no patience for his ego. “I’m not leaving you again, Brian.” She told him inconsiderately, knowing exactly why he turned cold after she said she was at her house. “I’m here with Lindsey, she found buyers for my place.” Chloe said coldly.

Once again, Brian didn’t say anything, and the next thing that she heard was him mumbling, “I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“No Brian there no need to-“ She tried to talk him out of it but the only thing she heard was the dial tone, he had hung up on her. Annoyed, Chloe tossed the phone into her purse and rushed back into her kitchen, where Lindsey was doing some paperwork while waiting for Chloe to return.

“Sorry, it was my partner.” Chloe explained the delay uncomfortably.

“Oh, it’s absolutely fine.” Lindsey smiled broadly and adjusted the collar of her tight-fitting blouse. “Alright Kaja, are you ready to give up your house?” She giggled, preparing the papers.

Chloe sighed and looked around the familiar kitchen, where she had formed so many great memories with friends, family and of course Brian. Lindsey and Chloe had decided to put the beach house up for lease, which will bring in some big bucks.

“Yeah, let’s do this thingy.” Chloe chuckled nervously and approached the table. Lindsey flipped her long chestnut hair over her shoulder while hovering over the table.

“Sign here,” Lindsey pushed her shiny red fingernail into the blank spaces on the contract, “And there too…” She hummed while turning the pages.

“Anything else?” Chloe asked while handing Lindsey the pen back, feeling a great sense of relief. She felt like she was lying the past behind, ready to start a new life.

“A handshake, for a successful deal!” Lindsey smiled broadly, her sultry eyes twinkling while she held her hand out for Chloe to shake.

“Absolutely, working with you was fantastic!” Chloe thanked her truthfully.

“Oh don’t mention it, the pleasure’s all mine. Besides, celebrity houses always sell super fast.” Lindsey remarked, which made Chloe smirk. She by no means considered herself a celebrity.

Chloe’s purse once again vibrated, and she had to excuse herself once again. “Mmmm?” She mumbled, holding the phone against her ear with her shoulder.

“Babe, I’m outside, in the driveway.” Brian said deeply, as if he wasn’t angry with her only minutes ago.

“We’re not done yet…” She pouted reluctantly while she watched Lindsey wiggle her hips while smoothing a fold on her short black skirt. The possessive girlfriend within Chloe didn’t want Brian to come inside.