Chapter 1

Alex's POV

"Alex!" My dad yells from the living room. I immediately put my book down and go to the living room.

" Yes?"

" There's a managers meeting tonight so we need to leave around 6:30. It starts at 7."

" Dad, you didn't even tell me about this. I already made plans to go to the movies."

" Well I'm sorry but you have to cancel them. I hired a new sales manager named Bobby Horan. He's bringing his family and maybe he has a daughter your age that you can become friends with"

He doesn't even make eye contact with me. He just watches Fox News which talks about Obama.

I check the time and it's already 5:30. Ugh

" Well I'm gonna get ready" I muttered and trudged down to my room.

To Keirstyn:

Hey, I can't come to the movies tonight. There's a stupid managers meeting and I have to go.

From Keirstyn:

That sucks! Well, we'll miss you!

I plug in my straightener and try to avoid to burn my face just like a week ago when I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look down at the time and it's 6:26

" Alex! It's time to leave!" My dad yells

I grab my phone and look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a purple dress that goes down mid thigh with black sandals. I look pretty tonight in my opinion.

My dad and I jump into the car and before I know it we're driving down the road.

" So dad what's this Bobby guy like?" I ask

" He's very smart. He graduated from one of the best colleges in the UK. He studied business and math. I looked at his résumé and I was very impressed!" My dad says joyfully.

The rest of the ride is silence and I think my dad knows that I don't really want to be here. He knows that I want to be with my friends.

We eventually pull up to the restaurant

"Sky" which is actually one of my favorite restaurants. I jump out of the car and hurry to the elevator and press the button for 6. The restaurant is in a hotel so it's on the top floor.

As soon as the door opens my jaw drops.

I see a blonde boy that has ocean blue eyes wearing a navy blue suit with a white button up shirt underneath.

" Mr. Carter!" A middle aged man joyfully walks over to my dad.

" Bobby!" Just as joyfully and my dad and Bobby shake hands.

" Bobby, I would like you to meet my daughter Alex" My dad introduces me

" It's nice to meet you" I shake his hand and smile at him.

" Same to you miss" he says joyfully

I guess he is just always joyful or it's his inner Irish.

" Alex, this is my son Niall" Bobby introduces me to his "son"

" Hello love" Niall smirks

" H-Hello"

Dammit.

I stuttered.

I never stutter

Maybe it's because I'm mesmerized by his attractiveness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon the rest of the managers pile in and the whole restaurant is basically crowded. Everybody is being social.

Just not me.

I eventually am introduced to Bobby's wife who is just lovely.

After that 5 minutes of chatting I go back to my original spot in one of the booths and text Keirstyn.

My best friends were Keirstyn, Emma, Nick, and Harry. Emma, Nick, and I thought there was something going on between Keirstyn and Harry but when we brought it up they would just blush and change the topic.

To: Keirstyn

I'm bored here. I have nothing to do.

Before I could send the message I feel a presence beside me.

Oh look who it is.

Niall Horan.

" You look bored so I thought I would keep you some company. Though to be honest, I'm bored as hell too" he says

Damn.

that accent.

" Thanks" I smile at him

It's silent for a few minutes and so I break the ice.

" So how do you like America?" I blurt

" I've only been here for a 2 days and I already love it" he flashes a smile

See, I live in Florida and it's a wonderful state to live in. I also love America.

" That's good" I silently reply

Through out the rest of the dinner I learned about Niall. He's 20, he plays soccer but he thinks the real word for soccer is football. I giggled when he told me that. He seems nice.

" Niall! It's time to leave!" Niall's mom called out for him

" Are you gonna be at the office tomorrow?"

He quickly asks

" I think so" I smile

" Well, I'll see you then" he smiles then walks away with his mom.

" Alex! C'mon it's time to go home." My dad calls out

~~~~~~~~

" So are you and that boy friends?" My dad asks while driving.

" I guess, he seems nice" I say

" Well, that's how it will stay"

" What?" I say questionably

" Ya'll are young" my dad says bluntly

" Okay? we're also just friends and it's gonna be like that"

My dad nods and just nods.

We will just be friends. Right?

_________________________

First chapter!:)