Chapter 34: I'll Always Protect You

Jun's p.o.v.

It's been about a week since Minghao and I sorted everything out.

It's been a little awkward where we've been trying to do what Hoshi says and share our feelings with each other. It's not to bad for me but Minghao has issues with it.

Minghao and I were currently cuddling on my bed when his phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket and just stared at it while it continued ringing.

"Who is it?" I asked, confused when he was hesitating to pick it up.

"It's my father." Minghao said and just continued to stare at his phone.

"Answer it!" I yelled, figuring it'd be important.

Minghao answered it and put it on speaker so I could hear the conversation.

"Hello?" Minghao said quietly, probably nervous to know why his father called him so randomly.

"Minghao?" His father called. "I hope this is an okay time."

"Yeah, it's fine." Minghao told him. "I wasn't busy, just confused on why you're calling me so suddenly."

"I know your mother told you that I didn't fully accept you and Junhui being together." He said and paused before continuing. "I just wanted to clear some things up regarding that."

"Okay, well, um," Minghao started and looked at me. "Junnie hyung is listening, is that okay?"

"Yes that is fine." Minghao's father said. "I actually want him to hear what I'm going to say because I wanted both of you to be aware of my true feelings towards your relationship."

"Okay well we're listening." Minghao said and then there was slience for awhile.

"I am not going to lie to you. I was not happy when I first learned about your relationship but I also wasn't angry or anything like that." Minghao's father finally started talking after a large amount of slience on both ends of the call. "In all honesty, I didn't know how to feel."

"Well how do you feel now?" Minghao asked and I could tell he was nervous. "I think that's all that matters at this point."

"Yes, you're right." Minghao's father said before pausing once again, probably thinking about what exactly to say. "I am not against the idea but I think I need time to get used to it. It is a bit of a change."

"What do you mean?" Minghao asked, obviously getting defensive and when I tried to say something to calm him down we didn't let me. "No, Mom doesn't need time or think of it as this huge chance so why do you?"

"I can no longer teach you things I could have if you were dating a girl." Minghao's father said before both ends of the call were quite again. "I had this idea in my head that when you started dating that I could teach how to treat women and be gentleman. I feel that I can no longer do that and I need to understand and accept that for myself before I can be truly one hundred percent happy for you."

"I had no idea you felt that way." Minghao said, looking sad. "I'm sorry I reacted like that."

"It's okay son." Minghao's father said, not sounding upset at all. "I didn't want you to think I hated you and just wanted you to know that still care about you and will love you no matter what, okay?"

"Okay," Minghao said, a smile on his face. "Thank you for telling me all this and I love you too. I'm glad that you're going to be okay with this."

"In the end, as long as you're happy then I will be happy." Minghao's father told him. "Also, Junhui, you best be taking good care of my son. He deserves the best."

"Don't worry sir. I know that very well." I told him. "I will take care of him and protect him for as long as he allows me to."

"That's good to hear." Minghao's father said with a bit of a laugh. "I should let you boys go now. I hope to see you both again very soon."

Minghao and I both said goodbye to Minghao's father and then it was silent for a few moments before I decided to speak up.

"This is a good thing." I said and Minghao looked at me with a smile. "Let's lay back down."

I laid back down on my back and held out my arms for Minghao to lay with me. He flopped back down beside with his head on my chest while I wrapped my arms around his waist. Minghao was still being quiet and I was getting concerned as to why. I except that he would be overjoyed that his father was okay with our relationship.

"What is it?" I asked when I realized Minghao wasn't going to speak up about what was bothering him. "Don't say nothing because there is obviously something on your mind."

Minghao was still quiet for a bit before he spoke. "Do you think we're going to break up at some point?"

"What?" I asked, surpised at the sudden question. "Why would you ask something like that?"

"Earlier you said that you're protect me and stuff only as long as I let you." Minghao said and shrugged a bit. "I don't know but it seemed like you're assuming that we'll break up some day."

"Oh my god no! That's not what I meant at all." I said and squeezed my boyfriend, feeling terrible that he misunderstood me in such a way. "I meant that maybe at some point in time you'd be annoyed be me protecting you and you'd want me to stop. I don't see us breaking up in the future so please don't think like that."

"Oh, okay." Minghao said and I saw him smiling. "I don't think I'll ever be annoyed by you protecting so please keep doing it."

I laughed and smiled. "Alright, I'll always protect you then."

Minghao had a small smile on his face as he closed his eyes and snuggled into my side. "I'm happy."

"That's good." I said, gald I was able to erase his worries.

I meant what I said, I will protect Minghao under the end of time. Nothing could change that.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Last full chapter!!

There is still an epilogue but it will be shorter than a normal chapter and of course mine bonus smut chapter for anyone who will want to read it.

I will uploading the epilogue over the weekend so be ready for that.

Hope you all enjoy this story!