Chapter 22: Families Together

Jun's p.o.v.

"All of us should go out together tonight for some dinner." My mother said as we picked her up on the way back to the dorm.

"I think that would be a wonderful idea." Minghao's mother agreed.

"What time do you think?" I asked, before coming up with a plan. "Hoshi hyung asked we'd help with some stuff later."

"What kind of stuff?" My mother asked, laughing a tiny bit.

"Choreography stuff." I said seriously. "We are having our comeback soon."

"Of course dear. I'm only joking." She said. "Well, let us know what time he wants your help and we'll plan around that."

"He said he could wait until the late evening so we could spend the day with you guys so we'll be going after eatting dinner." I said before adding. "As long as we don't eat to late."

"Sounds good then." She said.

"Hoshi hyung didn't ask for help." Minghao whispered despite the fact they couldn't understand him. "Why would you say that?"

"Think about it." I said and sighed when he still didn't understand. "I just got us some alone time."

Minghao made an oh face as he realized what I had done.

"Smart." He said. "Do you think we should tell Hoshi hyung the plan just in case?"

"Yeah, that seems like a good idea." I said before pulling my phone out of my pocket to text Hoshi.

I told him what our plan was and he was quick to agree to go along with it.

"All done." I said after I got the okay from Hoshi. "It's set."

"Cool." Minghao said casually but I could a small smile on his face.

"What were you two boys talking about?" Minghao's mother asked.

"We were just talking about having to help Hoshi later and I also texted him to let him know around when we'd be able to help him." I quickly explained, making sure to not make it sound sketchy.

"It's good that you let him know." Minghao's mother said before continuing talking with my mother.

Once we reached the dorm my mother asked if I'd go for a walk with her so we had one of the PDs drive us to Han River.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked once we were walking around.

"I think there is something you need to tell me." My mother said making me sigh. "Take your time."

I was quite for awhile. I watched my little brother run around chasing birds with my father following close behind him.

"There is no easy way to say this." I finally said after a long time. "I'm sorry if this upsets you but I'm gay."

"Why do you think that would upset me?" My mother asked and made me stop walking.

I shrugged. "I can't give you grandchildren."

My mother sigh. "Junhui, you have two siblings, if I want grandchildren that badly I will probably get some from them."

"I knew that." I said and looked down at the ground. "I just wasn't sure how you'd feel about having a gay son. Being gay isn't overly accepted."