Chapter 27: Talking to Home

Minghao's p.o.v.

I woke up that morning to Jun shaking me.

I looked around the room and noticed there was no one else. I quickly sat up in bed, thinking that it was time to get up to go practice.

"Is Hoshi hyung and Dino already getting ready?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"Everyone's already gone." Jun said casually. "They left like 5 minutes ago."

"What?!" I yelled and started quickly getting up. "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?!"

"Calm down and stop for a second!" Jun said and I stopped my search for clothes. "The both of us are still here for a reason."

"We're calling my parents today." I said and sat back down on my bed. "Why do we have to do it today?"

"Would you want to do it tomorrow?" Jun asked and I was about to answer but he cut me off. "You going to say yes but come tomorrow you'll want to do it the same amount that you want to do it today."

"I guess you have a point." I mumbled under my breath. "Do we still have to do it today?"

"Yes." Jun said and stood up and it was only then that I realized he was dressed in proper clothes. "Get ready and I'm going to set up the computer."

I stayed sitting for awhile before Jun walked back into the room.

"Minghao." He called softly and kneeled in front of me. "I understand that you're scared but you need to talk to them. We're doing it today and I told S.coups we'd only be a hour so you need to get ready."

I nodded. "I'll get ready now. You can wait in the living room. I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Do you want me to start the call before you come out?" Jun asked, probably thinking it'd help but I shook my head. "Alright, I'll just wait for you to be ready then."

Jun stood up and walked out of the room. I sighed and stood up as well.

I got ready as slowly as I possibly could and probably the slowest I ever had and ever will. When I finally made it to the living room Jun looked unimpressed.

"Could you have taken any longer?" He asked.

"Probably not." I said and sat on the couch beside him. "Can we just this over with?"

"Of course." Jun said and clicked the call button on Skype. "You still want me to stay, right?"

I nodded. "How do we know they'll even pick up?"

"I had the manager contact them last night." Jun told me. "They know we're calling."

It was only a few more seconds before my parents answered.

"Hello?" My mother said as the call started up. "Minghao?"

The video lagged as it started so my mother probably couldn't tell if it was me sitting there or not. I was nervous and didn't actually want her to know I was there so I stayed quite. Jun must have noticed because he looked at me before talking.

"He's here Ms. Xu." Jun said. "He's really nervous so I'm not sure if he's able to talk much right now."

"Oh I see." My mother said and it was only now that I realized my dad mustn't have been home because he hadn't appear on the camera at all.

"Where's Dad?" I asked and my mother nodded because responding.

"He left for work already." She told me. "He wanted to be able to talk to you but there isn't a long enough time that works for all of us."

I just nodded and it was quite for awhile. I could tell that Jun wanted to get us talking but that he wasn't sure how to do that.

"Why'd you run away Minghao?" My mother asked. "It would have been so much easier to talk about this is person when we end unlimited time."

I felt like she was accusing me of things so I got ready to start defending myself. Jun must have noticed because he started talking before I could.

"How about we don't talk about what happened but just how we feel now." Jun said but I didn't relax quite yet. "How does that sound?"

My mother agreed so I started to cool down, thinking I wouldn't be accused of anything else.

"I am not upset with you Minghao." My mother said and I felt a weight lift off my shoulder. "At least not for being gay."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, starting to get defensive again.

"Minghao." Jun said sternly. "Let her finish before getting upset."

I sighed from frustration but knew Jun's advice was good.

"I'm upset that you were afraid to tell me." My mother told me. "Did you really think I'd hate you for this?"

"Well I didn't think you'd hate me." I told her. "I just thought you'd be upset and disappointed with me."

"Again, I'm not upset or dissappointed because you're gay." She said. "Only because you were afraid to tell me. I guess I only really have myself to blame for that."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused on how it could be my mother's fault.

"I should have raised you in a way that didn't make you afraid to tell me something like that." She told me."You should have known that I would never hate you for something like this. I will love you no matter what Minghao."

"Thank you Mom."  I said, overjoyed that she said that. "Does Dad feel the same way?"

"I'm sure he does." My mom said before taking a long pause and sighing. "Sweetheart you should head to your practice and work hard for your comeback."

"I have to go brush my teeth so can you shut it down hyung?" I asked and he nodded. "Okay, bye Mom!"

I walked around the corner and paused to see if my mom would say anything else while I wasn't there. I knew there was something she wasn't telling me I think she might mention it to Jun. I don't know why but I feel like there is something she wants to get off her chest but obviously won't tell me. I betting that she will tell Jun whatever it is.

"Junhui, I need to say something." I heard my mom say through the computer. "You can't tell Minghao though, not yet, not until I know for sure."

"Okay, what's that?" Jun asked.

"I have the feeling Minghao's father is not accepting of this, of you two being together." My mother told him. "He hasn't said anything about it since it happened. I've tried talking to him but he'll keep changing the subject."

"What do you want me to do?" Jun asked. "Are you wanting me to tell him?"

"No, no, nothing like that." My mother said quickly. "I just want you to watch over Minghao. I think when I tell him he'll close himself off and..."

I stopped listening. I walked away and continued to the bathroom seeing as I did need to brush my teeth. 

I was so worried that my mother was I going to hate me that I didn't stop to think what my father would think. I guess I assumed he'd be okay with it. He gave me no reason to think he wouldn't. He never said anything against gay people, neither did my mother though and he also never expression the want for a grandchild, where my mother had.

Is my father really that against Junhui and me dating?

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Wow more issues with fathers

I was going to upload this yesterday but there was a storm and my power went out so I didn't have any wifi to do that.

I hoping to upload another chapter before my break is over to that probably be Friday.

Hope you all enjoy this story!