Chapter 13: Surgery

Minghao's p.o.v.

It's Friday. The day I've been dreading all week.

The day of my surgery.

Luckily, we didn't have promotions today so Jun could come with me to the hospital.

I suppose that that fact does make me feel a bit better but it's still nerve hacking.

I sat on my bed thinking of all the ways my surgery could go wrong.

I was so tired. It was just after 5:30 in the morning but I couldn't sleep at all. I was so nervous it's like my body was in panic mode so it's currently impossible to sleep.

I had considered waking Jun up so I could talk to him and not be alone but I didn't want to bother him, he needs his sleep.

Here I continued to sit, lost in my own thoughts and to afraid to wake up my best friend, my boyfriend, because it would bother him.

I laughed coldly under my breath at myself.

"Are you awake Minghao?"

I froze and and looked up to see Jun sitting up in his bed.

There was no point lying.

"Yeah, I am." I said, quietly so no one else woke up.

"Why?" Jun question as he stood up and walked over to my bed and sat beside me.

"I-I'm scared." I confessed.

Jun wrapped his arms around my waist to avoid my shoulder.

"You have absolutely nothing to worry about." Jun said. "I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you Minghao, ever."

"What if something goes wrong during the surgery?" I asked. "You can't protect me in there."

"What would happen?" Jun asked. "You can't die during a shoulder surgery."

"What if they mess something up and my shoulder becomes paralyzed forever?" I asked, thinking Jun wouldn't come up with an answer.

"Minghao, these are trained professionals." Jun started. "They know what they are doing and you don't need to worry about this kind of stuff."

"I guess you're right." I said.

"Also, remember that this is the same doctor who fixed Dino." Jun said. "Dino could have died but the doctor fixed him without a problem so he'll fix you without any problems as well. Do you trust me?"

I nodded. "I trust you hyung."

"Good." Jun said before ruffling my hair, making me blush. "Shall we try to get some more sleep?"

I nodded and Jun laid back in my bed.

"Aren't you going back to your own bed?" I asked and Jun shook his head.

"I'm staying here in case you wake up and start freaking out again." Jun said and gave me a small smile. "Remember, I'm going to take care of you."

I smiled back at my hyung and he pulled on my good arm for me to lay down.

I laid down put my good arm around Jun's waist before pulling myself closer to him.

"Sleep well my baby." Jun whispered as he petted my hair, making me feel calm.

I fell asleep, feeling much better and much more calm, in Jun's arms, making me feel safe from everything that could possibly hurt me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the annoying ringing of my alarm clock.

I started to move, to shut it off, but it suddenly stopped.