Chapter 31: Separation

Minghao's p.o.v.

We had been promoting for about a week now. Jun's been getting better but he still gets freaked out a bit sometimes but he won't tell me why.

I've wondered if it's because of what my mother said to him. What I'm not suppose to know.

Over the past couple days, between promoting and taking care of Jun, I had completely forgotten about what I heard my mother say about my father.

"What are you thinking about?" Jun asked as he poked my cheek. "You're not going to start spacing out all the time now, are you?

"No, sorry, I just got lost in my thoughts for a minute." I said and was about to ask Jun if he wanted to do something when my phone rang.

"Go ahead and answer it." Jun said. "I'm just fine on my own you know."

I nodded and when I noticed it was my mother I quickly got up and ran to my bedroom. Dino was in there but I knew he wouldn't understand me away.

"Hello?" I asked when I answered it.

"Minghao, how are you doing?" She asked.

"Alright." I told her. "Junnie hyung had some issues lately but it was sorted out."

"Well that's good." She said and paused for longer than she should of. "Listen sweetie, this is about your father."

"I figured." I said, already knowing exactly what she was going to tell me.

"Did Junhui mention something to you?" She asked. "I had asked him not to until I was sure of what I was going to tell you."

"What is it that you need to tell me?" I asked, wanting the bad news to be over with.

"I thought your father was against you being gay." She told me what I already knew. "I wasn't wrong but I also wasn't correct."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I asked, confused on whether my father hated me or not.

"I had a talk with your father and he said that he's isn't completely okay with you being gay." She told me and felt tears start to build in my eyes. "However, he also said that with time he'll come to accept it. He said it's hard to wrap his mind around right now."

"Do you think he actully will?" I asked, wanting to know her opinion. "Do you think he'll be okay with it?"

"I can't say how long it'll take but yes, I do believe he will someday accept you and Jun dating or whoever you might be dating at that time." She said. "I'll let you get back to what you were doing now. I just thought you should know this as soon as possible."

"Thank you Mum." I said. "I love you."

"I love you too Minghao." She said. "Hopefully we can talk again soon."

With that I hung up the phone and sighed.

"Was that your mother?" Dino asked from where he was sitting on his bed. "I really hope so or the only other explanation would be you're cheating on Jun hyung with a chinese girl and you're telling her you love her."

"Yes it was my mother." I told him and stood up but paused before exiting the room. "How'd you know it was a girl?"

"Your phone volume must be up pretty high." He said. "I could hear a bit of the voice you were talking to. Not much but enough to realize it was a female voice."

I just nodded and then left the room, heading back to the living room where Jun still sat on the couch.

"Who was that?" He asked once I had sat back down and not said anything. "Why'd you have to leave the room?"

"It was the doctor who did my surgery." I lied, not wanting to make Jun worry about me. "I wanted to talk somewhere quiet."

"Oh really? I thought I heard you say something in Mandarin." Jun said and shrugged. "I must have misheard you. Anyway, what did he want?"

"He was just checking up." I continued to lie. "With my physical therapy over with, he wanted to be sure my shoulder was better. If not he would have had me do more physical therapy."

This wasn't a total lie. All this stuff was true. The doctor did call me and ask about my shoulder. Only that was a few days ago, not the call I just answered. I didn't tell Jun originally about the call with the doctor because I didn't feel the need to because everything was fine. Convenient for me to be able to use it as a lie.

"Oh well, it's good that you're all better." Jun said happily while I just nodded, feeling sick to my stomach from the guilt of having lied to him. "What's wrong? You don't seem happy."

"No, I am." I said and fake smiled, wanting Jun to think I was alright. "I was just thinking that now that I've got a doctor approve of being better than I could practice some b-boying with any free time I have."

"I think that'd be really good for you honestly." Jun said. "After everything that's happened these past few weeks, you need to be able to just let loose and do something you really enjoy like that."

I nodded. "You need something like that too though."

"I was thinking of heading over to Woozi's studio before practice and ask to borrow his piano. Even if playing the piano isn't something I love doing, the sound of it is calming to me." Jun told me. "Maybe we could head over together now and you could dance for a bit while I do that."

"Yeah, sounds like a nice idea." I said, honestly saying yes only because I wanted to be away from Jun for a little bit. "Did you want to go let Coups hyung know? Just so he doesn't get worried when it is time to go to practice."

"Okay, I'll go and let him know." Jun said before patting my thigh and standing up. "Be right back."

It's not that I hated Jun's company or didn't want to be around him. I just felt so much guilt from lying to him. I knew I didn't need too and that I should have trusted him enough to tell him. I'm just afraid that if he hears about how my father isn't currently accepting of us then he will remember about his own father.

Jun has just recovered from what happened and I don't want to put him through that again. I will tell him eventually about what my mother told me today, even though he already knows. He needs to know that I know now.

I can also then stop feeling guilty about lying to him because I would have told him that I lied.

I just need to stay away from Jun for a little while, until I'm sure that he can handle thr truth, and then everything will be fine.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Some people may already have an idea of where this is going.

For anyone reading this that celebrates it, Happy Easter!

For those reading that don't celebrate it, have a Happy Sunday!

Hope you all enjoy this story!