The king laughed at that. "Well, Rosalie my dear, I'm afraid that you won't be leaving immediately," he answered deftly. "My friends here," he gestured to her kidnappers, "believe you are my long lost niece and heir to the throne."

"Are you serious?"

"Deadly."

Rosalie couldn't help but laugh. "You think that I," she said between breaths, "am a princess?!" She grabbed her side, trying not to get a stitch in it. By the time realized no one else was laughing, she had to wipe away tears. Confusion began etching itself onto her face. "Ohhhhh boy. You guys really are serious."

Fausta and Raoul were in varying states of disbelief from her reaction. The king simply smiled pleasantly with his hands folded in his lap. "Are you finished?" Ro nodded sheepishly. "Good! Then we can start the test." He stood up quickly and gestured for them to follow. He sure does gesture a lot, Rosalie noticed.

They climbed the few steps and went behind the throne. A boy no older that Ro was standing by a long gold rope. At the king's behest, he pulled on it, opening the curtains and revealing a sword sitting in a velvet case. The guard, pommel, and grip were gold, all with elaborate etching and detail. What's with these people and gold? I mean, really, guys, she thought. The king put his ring into a small lock, releasing clasps on the case.

Gingerly, he lifted the sword out of it's case and held it out to Rosalie. She set down her ukulele case and took the grip. It seemed to fit perfectly in her hand. "Hey, what is thi-" she choked on her words. All at once, visions flooded her. They all seemed like they were from her point of view, most looking at the sword, be it in battle or ceremoniously. They flashed by her faster than she could focus on. She felt the weight of two millennia in the sword. Gasping for breath, she found the power to drop it.

It fell to the floor with a loud clang. The king smiled and clapped his hands together. Rosalie dropped to her knees, panting. Her eyes were wide with shock and confusion. She looked at the sword then to the king. Scowling, she glared at him. "You knew that would happen!" she shouted.

"Of course I did," he answered cheerfully. Tears started forming in his eyes. "And now I know that you truly are my niece." He stepped over the sword and helped her up. His surprisingly strong arms wrapped Rosalie, who was still in shock, in a bear hug. Her face was pressed into the taller man's chest.

Overwhelmed with a sudden flood emotion, she cried, harder than she ever had in her life. They stood there for what felt like hours as sobs wracked her body. Her glasses were pushing painfully on the bridge of her nose, but she didn't care. All she cared was that everything suddenly clicked into place. She wrapped her arms around her new-found relative, as if she finally found what she was looking for.

The king pulled back, holding her at arm's length. He wiped a tear from his cheek and laughed loudly. "Rosalie, my dear, it has been far too long," he finally said. She smiled back up at him, chuckling at the whole situation. "The whole world had given up hope of ever finding you again."

"About that..." Rosalie started. "How did I ever end up on Earth? This obviously isn't the same place. Where are we exactly? Sir Haley said it was the Old World, but that's not really helpful. And what about my parents? You said you were my uncle. What's your name, anyway? No one really called you by a name, only 'your majesty', and I sincerely doubt that's your-"

"Enough, child," he said merrily. "You really should slow down, otherwise I'll forget some of your questions. I am King Gaius Atilius Céleste the third. I don't know how you got on Earth. We're currently in the capital city of Aera, on the continent Aera, which is in the Old World. It's simply what it's called. Your parents..." he trailed off, a somber expression overtaking his features. He sighed. "My brother and his wife were assassinated fourteen years ago on your birthday. We never found your body, and had hope that you could be found. It seems we were all right to hope."

"Woah," was all she could say. "This sounds like a disney movie."

King Gaius looked confused. "A what?"

"Nevermind. I'm just being weird, I guess." Gaius looked towards the two knights that had been silently watching the encounter. 

"Sir Haley, Lady Haley, you are both dismissed," he said, his voice taking on that of a seasoned ruler. Ro watched as they bowed once more and strode out the large doors. 

"Are they married or something?"

Gaius glanced back at her. "No; they're twins. We were in the same level at Equites Fortes," he said, his face relaxing as if remembering a better time. 

"Oh," Ro very eloquently said.

"No matter." He clapped his hands together three times. A servant came rushing out. "I need to see Head Butler Gerard in the secondary dining room. And have the spare chambers closest to mine cleaned and set for my niece." The servant did a double take at the word 'niece.' He looked baffled at the sight of Rosalie. "Well?" Gaius said impatiently.

"Right away, your majesty," the servant said before rushing off to where he came from. King Gaius sighed and picked up the sword, gently placing it back in it's case.

"Now, Rosalie," he said "Are you hungry?"