Corvin sat across from her, leaning back in his chair and reading a novel. Ro looked up suddenly. "Corvin?"

"Yes?"

"Is it possible for a light weaver to learn skills of a dark one, and vice versa?"

He sighed and set his book down, taking care to mark his place. "Yes, it is very possible, just very difficult," he answered.

Ro looked thoughtful for a moment. "Would you be willing to teach me some?" The question gave him pause.

"I think you should learn what you can do before trying your hand at what others can do."

She nodded and looked back to her book. "It says here that dark weavers are healers," Ro stated. "And alignment with the earth and plants is common, too." With a gasp, she looked up. "No wonder I've always been good with plants!" Corvin raised an eyebrow. "My mom ended up killing every houseplant dad gave her," she explained, her eyes taking on a wistful shine. "Soon enough, he learned to just put them in my room." She chuckled under her breath and shook her head gently, turning back to her book.

In the corner sitting beside a fireplace, the king and the elder Duartes looked on at the scene. "It warms my heart more than the fire," Lady Duarte whispered. She gave her husband an affectionate look. "It reminds me of us..."

Gaius laughed lightly at that. "They haven't threatened to chop off each other's arms," he joked, nudging Lord Duarte with an elbow, "so I doubt they're anything like you two were." That made the three adults laugh. Analiese had fallen asleep on the floor; the adventure book she had been reading was used as an impromptu pillow. The king's expression soon turned solemn. "Have you told him?" he whispered, trying not to alert the two studying.

Lord Duarte shook his head. "I didn't think I'd ever have to, to be honest," the man replied, his jovial mood turning somber. "At the time, I didn't think we'd ever find her, let alone announce their betrothal."

"I believe we should wait, the longer the better," Gaius said. "She's barely started learning about this world; I'd rather not push her into marriage." He shook his head then spared his niece a sad look. Ro was too busy reading to notice the world around her, but Corvin was busy looking at her. She is quite a sight, Gaius thought, reminiscing on days past. "Let them grow," he said, turning back to his friends. "Luckily, the other nobles didn't catch wind of it, or it'd surely be a problem."

Rosalie let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes. Her uncle slowly pulled himself standing and looked at the clock. "Lovely as it has been, I've got quite a bit more work to do before I succumb to sleep," Gaius groaned, stretching his back out like a cat. "I'll let you keep Rosalie company, if she so wishes, but I will retire to my rooms for the night." Stepping over a sleeping Ana, he reached over and hugged Ro. After another short goodbye, he left them.

Ro went back to her reading. It seemed like only five minutes later when Lady Duarte walked up to the table with Lord Duarte not far behind carrying Ana, still fast asleep. "Corvin, dear, you're welcome to stay a little later," she whispered, giving him a kiss on the forehead, "but your father and I need rest. You know where the manor is, and there's always the spare room the king offers to us."

Corvin sighed and closed his book. He glanced at Rosalie. Looking at the clock, it was only 9 in the evening. "I think I'll stay a little longer," Corvin finally said. "I'm nearly finished with this book, and it's at an interesting part."

His mother gave them both a smile. "Alright, deary. Rosalie, I enjoyed your company, and I hope we'll see more of each other in the future." Ro returned the smile and stood to hug her newfound friend.