Chapter Thirty Two

Hey guys!!!! New chapter is here and i swear to you it was worth the wait ;)

only three chapters left...? i think...oops. there is a reason why and it will be explained :)

this is what harpers dress looks like below...

enjoy!!!

Chapter Thirty Two

I stretch every limb of my body before dragging myself out of bed. I check my phone and my eyes widen at the amount of text messages I have.

One hundred and fourteen. One hundred and fourteen messages from only one person. Sky Goodman.

How does one send so many texts? It's nine o'clock and I'm actually out of bed! Most of them are emojis and random quotes from movies. She is way too excited for tonight.

Unlocking my phone, I reply to Sky saying I'll be over before midday and I am spammed with more emoji's.

I pack a bag of things I will be needing and I feel my hands begin to shake.

Tonight is the charity ball I will be attending as Skyler's date. He doesn't even know what I am wearing and probably thinks I will wear jeans and a t-shirt.

The dress I bought is already at Sky's, same with the shoes. Her parents are out all day and tomorrow, thank the gods, so I will be sleeping over.

I sneak down stairs, grab some fruit from the kitchen and tip toe to the front door hoping dad is still asleep.

"Where are you going?"

I jump, surprised to hear dad up on a Saturday. He normally sleeps in on weekends. I turn around to face him keeping my face neutral. He's wearing his pajamas and bath robe with a newspaper in hand.

"I'm going to Sky's place, remember?" I say biting the inside of my cheeks to keep my cool. I haven't exactly told dad about the 'ball' and trust me I was going to tell him but I was grounded for a week when the guys and I accidentally turned the pool purple.

"You're grounded." He states crossing his arms.

"Come on dad! I promised Sky weeks ago."

"You're not going and that's final."

I groan and stomp back upstairs with Panda at my heels. I drop my bag to the ground and fall on to my bed wanting to punch something.

I text Sky I will be later than expected and she replies with sad and angry emojis.

I play with Panda in my room for the next hour and the sound of the garage door opening making me curious. I watch from the window as dad's car leaves the house. Where is dad going and when will he be back?