Chapter 86

Shay's POV

"Honey I'm home" I call out to the empty house, my voice echoing as I stand still in the hallway, waiting for a "Hey honey!" or something. But of course I'm just met with silence. I shake my head and scoff, of course there wouldn't be a reply, theres no one to reply anymore. I slowly stride into the house, hearing Angel and Jax's paws clicking against the lamminate flooring as they come to greet me. A small smile creeps onto my face as I bend down to pet the two. I stare at Jax and look up at the glass dining table infrot of me. I see her, sitting there, smiling with a deck of cards to one side of her and a glass of wine at the other side, more cards layed out infront of her in a solitare form. I look back to Jax who squints his head as he pants.

"It's so cute!" I hear. I look over to the fire place and see Sasha, holding a young Jax as her early Christmaa gift. That night, the night I found out she was pregnant with our beautiful boy. I stand up and continue to walk through the house. I pass the couch in the living room and I see us lying there, furiously making out. I see her sitting there crying, drenched with a towel around her after she had a fight with Hudson. I go back to the many nights that we fell asleep on that couch, with my fingers still tangled in her hair when we woke up as I run my hand across it. Our bedroom, where the "magic" would happen. Where I would wake up next to the woman of my dreams and fall asleep beside her. The place where I would comfort her after a night terror and the place where together we would comfort Ashton after a bad dream.

"Dreams can't hurt you honey" Sasha would tell him before singing him softly back to sleep. As I stare at the bed I can almost hear her soft hum. Our closet, where we literally shared all of our clothes. I look through the racks and find the dress she wore on our first official date. Ashton's room, where Sasha would spend an unknown amount of hours playing with her boy when she could. The kitchen, where we spent many nights cooking and baking spontaneously with a glass of wine which always ended in a steamy session. And the place of Sasha's first break down. My smile fades and my expression turns to anger for a split second. He did this. Finally the backyard, the place of my proposal. The trees suddenly have lights on them again, the pool has lanterns in it, rose pettles lead out to the backyard and a candle lit dinner table is set up. And just for a small second, I'm transported back to that moment, fiddling with the ring in my pocket while trying not to look like a dick. But it all changes, the trees go back to being boring old trees, the pool looks bare, theres no rose pettles and the table is gone. The backyard doesn't look complete, it looks empty, a little like how I'm feeling without Sasha. I squeeze my eyes shut and let the tears fall before I run back into the house. I pick out a bottle of wine, a glass and cigerettes before sitting on the small step that leads out to the backyard. I take a big gulp of wine before sparking up my cigerette and smoking it furiously.

"Don't" I hear her soft voice and feel her cold hand touch my arm. I jump and gasp as I turn my head and see her beside me.

"Jesus Sasha" I say before taking a long drag.

"Please don't" She says.

"Don't what?" I shrug like I don't know what she means. Sasha never liked it when I smoked and infact she got me to stop but since she's been gone, it's been too hard not to.

"You know what, that disgusting habit that I made you quit years ago" Sasha sighs. I just shrug.

"Don't do that, don't act like you don't care anymore" Sasha almost snaps.

"Your not here!" I snap.

"Why should I care anymore? I don't have you here to help me anymore. I need you back Sasha!" I shout.

"You have a son to care for, a son that shouldn't have to lose another mother because she got lung cancer from smoking or dropped dead from alcohol poisning" Sasha tells me. Even though I don't look at her I can tell she's not happy with me. I drop my head and start to sob.

"I told you I'm failing without you" I sob. I feel Sasha's cold arms embrace me.

"I'll be here if you ever need help and you know that, I'll always come to your rescue. The only person your failing right now is yourself" Sasha lets out a sympathetic sigh. I sniffle and shift to face her.

"I love you" I shake my head with tears streaming down my face.

"I love you too" Sasha whispers.

"I'll protect you, I swear" She adds before sealing the gap between us with a cold kiss on my lips. But how it felt so good to feel her kiss. As she pulled away she started to fade.

"Sash please wait, a little longer" I beg but she only gives me a smile and a small squeeze on my hand before disappearing completely. I stand up slowly and walk back into the house, binning the rest of my cigerettes and placing my drink on the kitchen counter as the door opens.

"Mwommy!" I see Ashton beam as he runs towards me, Troian stands behind him leaning against the front door. I pick him up in my arms and smile.

"Hello baby boy" I giggle. I nod at Troian who givesvme a "are you okay?" look. I just nod before exchanging a blown kiss with her as she leaves, closing the door.

"Lets get you ready for bed Mr" I put Ashton down and take his hand.

"Can we listen to Mwommy fwirst?" He asks, referring to the small tape that Sasha made for Ashton. It's her singing.

"Use this when I'm not here" she said.

"It'll work like a charm"

We sit on the couch, Ashton cuddling into me as we listen to Sasha's sweet sweet voice, tears start to stream down my face.

"Why are you cwying mwommy?" Ashton looks up at me with those crystel blue eyes he inherited from his mother.

"I'm just glad to hear mommy's voice" I smile at him.

So glad.

The End guys. I know this wasn't the ending that you were all expecting but I wanted the story to have some irony about it. Shay wanted to protect Sasha and now that she's gone Sasha has to protect her. I hope you guys enjoyed this story. I hope it was worth the wait.
-E😜