Chapter 20

Shay's POV

The whole way to the event me and Sasha sat in silence. Not a bad silence, a comfortable one. Both of us just thinking. Although I still have my feelings for Sasha weighing over me heavier than ever, I'm ready for tonight. I look over to Sasha and see that she looks a bit...well...uneasy. I scootch over closer to her and squeeze her hand.

"Sash?" I say.

"Hmm" She hums back not making eye contact with me.

"What's up? You look uneasy" I tell her in a quiet voice so the driver can't hear us. She looks up at me and sighs then gives a weak smile.

"Nothing, I just have alot on my mind" She tells me and looks down at my hand. She interwinds our fingers together.

"Yeah, me too" I say. I don't know how much longer I can do this, hiding my feelings. It's been like this for years I can't keep it in any longer. But should I really tell her? It could change everything. Our friendship, her marrige and it would be for the worst. Before I get a chance to gather my thoughts I speak up.

"Sash..." I trail off.

"Yeah?" She asks and looks up at me with concern in her eyes. She must have noticed the nervousness in my voice.

"Urm theres s-something you should know" I stammer. Sasha sits up, signalling for me to continue.

"I-I uhh..." I trail off.

"Shay what's wrong?" Sasha asks me, now clearly worried.

"I want you to know that.....I really care about you and I'll always be here for you. Through thick and thin. No mater what I'll be there" I say. Fuck! Why did you back down Shay?! I mentally scream. What I told Sasha wasn't a lie, but it wasn't what I intedned on telling her. Why is it so hard for me to just say it?. I am snapped out of my thoughts when Sasha starts speaking.

"I'll always be here for you too and I care so much about you. I don't know what I would do without you" She tells me and smiles before pulling me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around her neck. For a few seconds, I start to feel better....Kind of.

But you won't ever love me the way I love you, I think to myself.

[...]

"So now that we have found out that Elliot isn't who he says he is, could there be a potential Emison reunion?" The interviewer asks me. Me and the rest of the girls are all lined up doing press for season 7. Right now I'm doing an interview for Clevver TV. I look to the camera on my left and throw a wink it's way before answering the brunnette infront of me.

"You never know, you never know. I mean I know that's what the fans want, so we'll see" I amswer with a smile.

"And is it something you and Sasha would want?" The interviewer asks me. I can tell that my cheeks are already burning bright red.

"Uh you know, I would be happy to, I'm sure Sasha would be too. I mean I really want this Emison ship to sail so" I say with a laugh. The interviewer laughs along with me.

"And finally, with all the celeb dating rumours flying around, is there someone that you have your eye on at all?" The interviewer asks me.

"Uh you know I might just have my eye on someone actually" I say in a really coy tone with a smirk on my face.

"But I'll leave it to you guys to figure out who it is" I say and laugh.

"Okay thank you Shay and we look forward to season 7" The interviewer tells me.

"Yeah don't miss it. FreeForm 8pm" I say pointing at the camera and laugh. The camera stops rolling and the brunette infront of me tells me her thanks yous and goodbyes before heading to the next interview. I look to my left and see that Sasha is still doing one of her interviews. I smile appears on my face as I think of a plan. I start walking up behind her slowly. I duck behind her and pop my head up from behind her shoulder. I look to the camera man and see that he is trying hard not to laugh.