Chapter 70

Sasha's POV

As I continue to smile uncontrolably, I shake my head. How have I managed to fall so deeply in love? Everything is perfect. I pick up a wine glass from the rack beside the sink and start drying it off with a towl. I look behind me to see Shay sitting on the couch with the biggest of smiles on her face. She's too cute. How I can't wait to go over there and kiss her like I've been gone a year. I turn back around and look up at the window. My smile fades, the wine glass drops from my hand and shatters as I let out a loud scream. There he is. It's him. Hudson stands outside of the kitchen window in the pitch black with only an outside light illuuminating his features. He stands there in his orange jump suit. A white t-shirt is showing underneath. His hair is messy and sloping to the side, he has fresh scars on his face, around his mouth inpaticular. His head is squinted and he has a smirk plastered on his face. I drop to the floor and lean against the cupboards with my knees up to my chest. My breathing becomes quick and short and I start to cry. Why was he standing there? Has he snuck out? Why did he look at me like that? I'm too scared to check if he's still there.

"Babe!" I hear Shay shout followed by running footsteps.

"Sash" Shay's voice says in a softer tone. I look up and see her standing at the arch way to the kitchen. She examins the scene, the wine glass shattered on the tiled floor, my shaking body against the cabinits. She jogs over to me and kneels beside me, rushing to my aid. I imidently throw myself onto her. Shay catches me in her arms as I sob into her shoulder.

"Babe what happened?" She asks with concern layered in her voice. I don't reply. I just hold Shay tightly.

"Babe talk to me" She almost demands in a soft tone.

"I saw him!" I exclaim as I pull away so that Shay can see my tear stained and horror filled face.

"You saw who?" She asks clearly confused, but fear creeps in her voice.

"Hudson" I choke out in a strangled sob. As soon as I say his name, my breathing some how becomes limited. It's as if my throat is closing up. I start to feel like I'm drowning as I start gasping for air. I start to sweat and shake even more, my body feels weak as I collaps into Shay's arms.

"Oh my God Sash your having a panic attack" Shay says in fear as she catches my body. She lifts me up in her arms and carries me to the couch. She sits me down and clings onto me.

"Do what I'm doing okay?" She says. I barely nod but just stare at Shay. Shay starts taking in deep breath and exhaling slowly. I start copying her, my grip on Shay still hard.

"Good keep going" She encourages me. I breath in and exhale slowly until my breathing goes back to normal. After what seemed like a lifetime I calmed down.

"Sash, tell me what happened" Shay says softly as she holds my hand.

"Hudson. He was standing there at the window" I sniffle as I still shake slightly.

"Babe Hudson is in jail, he couldn't have been there" Shay tries to reasure me. I just shake my head.

"No. It was him. He was there i-in his jump suit a-and..." I trail off frantically and stop for breath.

"He was there" I say quiter and look to the ground. Shay gets up and walks to the kitchen window. I watch as she opens the window and leans over the sink to peer out. Shay closes the window and walks back over to me.

"Sasha, no one is there" She shakes her head.

"Babe" She starts softly as she holds my hand in two of her own.

"Did you take your pills today?" She asks me as if she's afraid that she'll say the wrong thing.

"Babe I take them every day. I swear Shay he was there" I exclaim. Shay just looks at me with sad eyes.

"Oh my God I'm going crazy" I let out in a cry and put my head in my hands.

"Hey no, your not" Shay says.

"Come here" She whispers and wraps me in her arms. She holds my head close to her chest.

"Shhh it's okay" She hushes to sooth my crying as we rock back and forth slightly.

"Hudson will rott in hell for what he's done to you" She almost growls but I can tell she's trying to stay calm for me.

"We've talked about this, I don't want you to wish that on anyone" I muffle into her chest.

"Well I do. I really hope he does" She tells me. I smile softly.

"I love it when your protective" I giggle softly. Shay lets go of me. She angles herself so she is facing me. Her head is squinted and she has a soft smile across her lips.

"I really love you" She whispers and brings a hang up to my cheek. Just like she did the first day we got together.

"I love you too, so much" I smile. I hold her wrist with my hand and rub my thumb along her bone.

"How is it that even in the worst situations you can make everything better again with a touch?" I ask and smile as I shake my head.

"I can't" Shay giggles.

"You can"

"How so?" Shay gives me a questioning look as she carresses my cheek.

"Your like my knightess in shining armour" I mock along the lines of fairy tales. Shay rolls her eyes.

"Come here you" She giggles and pulls my face towards hers, connecting our lips softly. The moment reminds me of when we first got together. April 11th to be exact. Her lips were still so soft, I can still taste her strawberry lip balm, her in-toxicating vanilla perfume, the way she's so gentle and the way our lips move together like they've been used to it for years.

I love her. I need her.

Hey guys, sorry it took me a while to update. I've been really busy. I also wanted to thank you for almost 8k reads! This is amazing guys thank you.
-E😜