Chapter 29

Shay's POV

"It's gorgeous" Sasha says in awe as we pull up outside the 'Lone Moutain Range'. She stares at the large wooden building infront of us with her lips slightly parted. The main reason I brought Sasha here was to help take her mind off of everything that's happened and it's seemed to work so far. The car ride here she was completely fine. Like everything with Hudson didn't happen.

"Isn't it" I say and unbluckle my seatbelt. I get out and gather our luggage. I go round to the passenger side to see Sasha looking around the car confused. I chuckle and tap her window with my knuckles. She snaps her head round and starts laughing. She opens the door and steps out.

"You scared me" Sasha says and pouts a little. I pout in response.

"Oh I'm sorry" I say and kiss her still pouted lips.

"Better?" I ask and cock an eyebrow at her as I close the car door behind her. Sasha simply nods and interwines my fingers with hers. I pick up our luggage and head into the building.

"Ms Mitchell" The manager, Gary, says from behind the desk as we enter. He looks almost shocked to see me.

"Hey Gary" I say with a smile. The scent of pine fills the room. I close my eyes and let out a content sigh.

"Are you looking for the same cabin?" He asks. I nod and walk closer to the desk with my hand still linked with Sasha's. Gary rumages underneath the desk and pulls out the keys for our cabin.

"Thank you" I say with a sweet smile.

"Have a nice stay" Gary shouts as we exit.

"So where is this cabin?" Sasha asks me as we walk. The sound of snow crunching with every step.

"Just here" I say and point to the small cabin across from us. We quickly reach it-concidering the harsh tempretures-and I unlock the door.

Sasha's POV

"Wow it-"

"It's gorgeous, I know" Shay finishes my sentence for me and giggles. The cabin really is gorgeous. It's similar to Hud-, his cabin in many ways. There is an open kitchen that leads out to a living room and a dining room, a set of stairs to the left of the enterance that leads up to several rooms and of course a balcony. The only difference was the size. The cabin was probably two times the size of his. I walk into the kitchen and run my hand along the perfect oak island counter.

"So I was thinking" Shay starts. I feel her hands on my waist and her chin resting on my shoulder. I place my hands over hers and lean back into her body. I was too wrapped up in the cabin to realise that Shay had taken our cases up stairs.

"That tonight we could go dog sledding" Shay suggests. I smile and close my eyes in satisfaction.

"I'd love that" I say and turn around. I lean against the counter and hold Shay's hands. I lean up and kiss her softly. Shay smiles against my lips which of course causes me to smile too.

"You better get wrapped up. It's supposed to be really cold" Shay tells me. She caresses the back of my hands with her thumbs.

"But of course, if you get really cold, I can always warm you up" Shay smirks at me before wrapping my up in her arms. I giggle into her shoulder. Shay picks me up and starts showering me in kisses as she carries me up stairs to our room.

"Get yourself ready and I'll be dowm stairs waiting" Shay says inbetween kisses as she puts me down. She throws me a wink before she leaves. I sigh happily to myself and start getting ready.

Shay's POV

As we walk to the dog sledding range hand in hand, I can't get the way Sasha looks out of my head. She walked down the stairs with black leggings, a gray jumper with a shirt underneath, a huge jacket and baige ugg boots. It was so simple yet she looked so good. And what's even better is that I can call that beautiful girl mine. As we reach the dog sledding track a pure white Husky ran towards me and Sasha. It started to jump up at us and bark excitedly with it's blue eyes shining. It truely is a beautiful dog.

"Hey little guy" I say excitedly as I kneel down and play with the dog. Sasha kneels down beside me and ruffles it's ears.

"He's so cute" Sasha says. I look at her and plaufully raise an eyebrow.

"How do you know it's a he?" I ask teasingly. Sasha simply points to the dogs lower half as it jumps onto my lap. I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh" I say and laugh. He rolls over onto his back and I start rubbing his stomach. He rolls around in the snow causing me to beam with happiness at the sight.

"Sorry about him ladies" A man's voice says. I look up and see who I think is one of the dog owners.

"Shadow! Over here!" He shouts. Shadow darts up and rushes towards him.

"Honestly it's okay" Sasha says as she stands up and takes my hand again.

"Are you looking for a ride?" He asks and gestures to a ready dog sled. I smile and nod. He leads us over. I let Sasha sit in first and then get in myself. Within a few minutes of making sure safety is in order we take off. I feel Sasha's head on my shoulder and I let out a content sigh. I put my arm around her and play with her hair that is drooping over her shoulder.

Could tonight get any better?

[...]

"That was amazing" I say as I walk out onto the balcony with cups of hot chocolate in my hands. I give one to Sasha as she sits down on a lounge chair infront of the small round fireplace. I sit beside her and light the fire with a lighter that I always carry with me. A comfortable silence fills us and the only sound that can be heard is the crackling of fire.

"You didn't tell me why you came into my room last night" I pipe up and place my hot chocolate on the wooden planks beside me. Sasha bites her lip slightly and nods.

"Come here" I say and put out ny arms. Sasha places down her hot chocolate and walks over to be. She sits on my lap and I lets her arms drape loosely around my neck. I put one arm around her small back and let the other rest across her legs.

"I didn't lie when I told you it was a bad dream. It was a really bad dream" Sasha says and looks at the fire.

"You know bad dreams can't hurt you" I say, quoting what my mother used to tell me when I was young and had a nightmare.

"This one did" Sasha says quietly. She looks back to me and the corner of her eyes are wet.

"You were in hospital and you had been for six months. The last day I came for you your doctor told me you had terminal brain cancer. They told me they didn't know how long you had left" Sasha says and bites her lip. I rub her leg for reasurance.

"The whole day you were fine. You ended up proposing to me and marrying me there" She continues and laughs a little.

"I left the room at one point and your life support machine was going off. Y-you told me you loved me then died. Just like that" Sasha chokes up and snaps her fingers to show how quick I died in her dream.

"It was a horrible dream, but when I woke up I realised that it was you. You are the one I'm supposed to be with" Sasha almost mumbles and a tear slips down her cheek. I take a hand up to her face and wipe away her tear.

"I'm not going anywhere and I'll protect you. Always. I promise" I say and hold onto her tighter. Sasha rests her head on my shoulder as we stare at the light of the fire. This moment couldn't be anymore perfect if I tried. I have the girl I love in my arms and I have the right to now call her mine. I meant what I said. I won't go anywhere. I'll always be here for her. I love her. I'll always be here to protect her.

Oh title refrence😂
Do you guys like how this story has turned out?
-E😜